Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe

Steamed Prawns with Garlic

Steamed Prawns with Garlic Recipe

Check Out: Beer-steamed Prawns Recipe

Steamed Prawns with Garlic is a really simple dish, and it costs much less to make it at home. As you know, restaurants always charge a premium for seafood dishes. The prawns cook really fast (the actual steaming time is 5 minutes or less) and they go well with garlic. Try to use bigger prawns because it’s easier to butterfly them and to stuff the garlic mixture into the cavity. If you like garlic and prawns like I do, you will like this recipe. If you find that garlic is too sharp or spicy for your liking, you can reduce the amount of chopped garlic used. I use a lot because I love garlic.

Printable Recipe
Steamed Prawns with Garlic Recipe Line the bottom of a deep plate with some ginger slices and spring onions (scallions) stalks.
Steamed Prawns with Garlic Recipe Trim the feelers off the prawns. Butterfly the prawns by making a top slit across the back of the prawns, removing the veins, and cutting a little deeper to make a cavity. Be careful not to cut too deep or you will half the prawns instead. Arrange butterflied prawns on top of the ginger and scallions and drizzle Chinese wine over the prawns cavity.
Steamed Prawns with Garlic Recipe In a small bowl, mix chopped garlic, soy sauce, white pepper, sesame oil and Chinese wine. Fill the prawns cavity with the garlic mixture.
Steamed Prawns with Garlic Recipe When the water in the steamer is boiling, place the plate on the steaming rack. Steam over high heat until the prawns are cooked (just a few minutes).

53 Responses to “Steamed Prawns with Garlic”

1 2 3 5
  1. mochachocolatarita — July 16, 2010 @ 9:27 am

gorgeous! this dish is a classic here. i am not a huge fan of steamed garlic (so normally i removed all the garlic before consumption)…but of cos it is nice to learn how to make this dish in case SC wants it :D heheh

2. Lia Chen — July 16, 2010 @ 9:35 am

Love garlic! Quick and delicious dish … I will need my chili sauce for dipping :D

3. Little Inbox — July 16, 2010 @ 9:53 am

Hmm…I love this type of dish. Simple to cook and taste really fresh.

4. Pepy @ Indonesia Eats — July 16, 2010 @ 10:38 am

Hey Wiffy. Were you back from holiday? I love garlic and prawn! Same with Lia, I need my chili sauce.

• wiffy replied: — July 17th, 2010 @ 12:42 am

Pepy, I’m still on holiday till next week. I prepared the post in advance hehehe

5. Judy — July 16, 2010 @ 10:40 am

Simple yet tasty! I love garlic in my food. Steamed cod fillet with garlic is also great.

• wiffy replied: — July 24th, 2010 @ 12:38 am

I have to try that some day … I usually just pan fry cod fish.

6. The Little Teochew — July 16, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

Oh my, oh my. I think we’ve got a winner here! ;) Very well done, Wiffy!

• wiffy replied: — July 24th, 2010 @ 12:38 am

Thanks Ju, you’re too kind :)

7. Angie's Recipes — July 16, 2010 @ 1:41 pm

wow I love steamed butterfly prawns with lots of minced garlic…oh man…the sight of these pictures just makes me so hungry!

8. TasteHongKong — July 16, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

You are really generous with the garlic, which I like a lot. I also love making light, steamed dish during summer. Enjoy your vacation : ).

9. Karen — July 16, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

This look so yummy and healthy! Will definitely try this and bento it for lunch. Emm.. Not sure if it’ll be as nice when eaten cold.

10. pigpigscorner — July 16, 2010 @ 4:33 pm

Beautiful! Must be so so tasty with that amount of garlic!

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: I mean I want to see » Blog Archive » All things bright and beautiful…

2. Pingback: I mean I want to see » Blog Archive » 恭喜恭喜 :-)

3. Pingback: Steamed Cockles with Garlic & Chilli Recipe

4. Pingback: Steamed Prawns with Garlic Recipe | Spring Tomorrow Steamed Prawns with Garlic Recipe | Savouring the Little Moments in Life | Singapore Lifestyle, Cooking & Food Blog