Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat

Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe

Check Out: Steamed Chicken Herbal Soup Recipe

Recently, I love to steam foods because I’m not in the mood for heavy duty cooking. Not only do steamed foods cook very fast, it is also healthier and the clean up is easier (not greasy). And this steamed egg tofu with pork is one my latest successful kitchen experiment. These bite-sized tofu pieces are pretty to look at and easy to eat. I used egg tofu instead of normal tofu because it is easier to cut them to uniform sizes (tried with a rectangular block of tofu and I cut them badly) and it’s also more fragrant with egg added to the tofu. But if you do not eat egg, you can always use white silken tofu.

Egg Tofu

57 Responses to “Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat”

1. Pepy @Indonesia Eats — August 9, 2010 @ 7:39 am

They’re fabulous! These look like a restaurant dish.

2. Little Inbox — August 9, 2010 @ 8:26 am

I just cook steamed meatball and nagaimo last week, which I tweaked from the previous shrimp ball tofu. :) I love this type of steam dish.

• wiffy replied: — August 10th, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

that sounds delicious, I’ll look out for your recipe :)

3. Reeni — August 9, 2010 @ 8:49 am

This is stunning! And I love the tofu in the round. Never saw it like that here. How convenient.

• wiffy replied: — August 10th, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

yes, it saves me a lot of time cutting them symmetrically, which I always fail at hehe

4. mochachocolatarita — August 9, 2010 @ 9:13 am

simple yet delightful! i love egg tofu, so love love love this idea :D

5. Alice — August 9, 2010 @ 9:27 am

This is really healthy and mouth-watering! I like it.

6. Eat. Travel. Eat! — August 9, 2010 @ 12:57 pm

Sounds like a great idea and so pretty! I’ve steamed tofu before but not in this fashion. Definitely will try it out once my area has egg tofu, which it hasn’t recently.

Certainly agree, steamed dishes are healthy and easier to make. :)

• wiffy replied: — August 10th, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

you can substitute with normal silken tofu too :)

7. Clare @ Mrs Multitasker — August 9, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

Well done wiffy the dish looks absolutely restaurant-standard gorgeous! This is one of my favorite dishes. Love it!

8. Tastes of Home — August 9, 2010 @ 2:54 pm

wow, I love egg tofu too!! Your dish looks beautiful!

9. Jess @ Bakericious — August 9, 2010 @ 5:39 pm

Wiffy, I love this tofu dish and your presentation is so good like a restaurant dish

10. Swee San — August 9, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

It looks good. I may try with this tofu instead of the silken ones..