Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Steamed Egg Tofu with Pork Recipe
If you do not consume egg, you can replace the egg tofu with white silken tofu. You can also replace pork with chicken.
- 1 tube (150g) silken egg tofu 蛋豆腐 cut to 1 cm slices
- 50g minced pork
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 15 wolfberries soaked in water until puffy; drained
- 1/2 stalk spring onion sliced thinly or cut to wispy strips
- 1/2 stalk spring onion finely chopped
- a few thin carrot slices stacked the slices together and chop them finely
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- dash of white pepper powder
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- Arrange tofu pieces on a deep steaming plate.
- Marinade minced pork with (A) and combine well in a small bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Mould a small amount of the marinaded meat mixture (about 1 tsp or less) into a ball and place on top of tofu slices. Top each meat ball with a wolfberry. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp light soy over the tofu slices.
- Steam over high heat for about 5 minutes (starting from the time the water in steamer is boiling), or until the meat is cooked. Before serving, use a spoon to drizzle the soy liquid collected in the plate over the tofu slices. Garnish with spring onions.
- Water Chestnuts: For more crunch, you can add 1 fresh water chestnut, peeled and roughly chopped and added to (A).
- Chopped Prawns (shrimps): You can also add 1 to 2 prawns flesh, chopped finely, added to (A).