Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat
Steamed Egg Tofu with Pork Recipe
If you do not consume egg, you can replace the egg tofu with white silken tofu. You can also replace pork with chicken.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 tube (150g) silken egg tofu 蛋豆腐 cut to 1 cm slices
- 50g minced pork
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 15 wolfberries soaked in water until puffy; drained
- 1/2 stalk spring onion sliced thinly or cut to wispy strips
- 1/2 stalk spring onion finely chopped
- a few thin carrot slices stacked the slices together and chop them finely
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- dash of white pepper powder
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- Arrange tofu pieces on a deep steaming plate.
- Marinade minced pork with (A) and combine well in a small bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Mould a small amount of the marinaded meat mixture (about 1 tsp or less) into a ball and place on top of tofu slices. Top each meat ball with a wolfberry. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp light soy over the tofu slices.
- Steam over high heat for about 5 minutes (starting from the time the water in steamer is boiling), or until the meat is cooked. Before serving, use a spoon to drizzle the soy liquid collected in the plate over the tofu slices. Garnish with spring onions.
- Water Chestnuts: For more crunch, you can add 1 fresh water chestnut, peeled and roughly chopped and added to (A).
- Chopped Prawns (shrimps): You can also add 1 to 2 prawns flesh, chopped finely, added to (A).