Hot & Sour Lemon Prawns Recipe How to de-vein shell-on prawns Shiitake Mushroom Stew Recipe Stir-fry Cucumber, Mince & Prawn Recipe Chicken Soba Noodle Stir-fry Recipe Avocado Shrimp Pasta Recipe

Steamed Chicken with D.O.M Liquor

Steamed D.O.M Chicken Recipe

First posted in Aug 2009, updated in Mar 2017.

I always have a bottle of DOM liquor at home thanks to my mum. She told me that D.O.M wine is very nutritious, improves general well being and helps one to sleep better. Perhaps she saw that I am perpetually tired from keeping late nights (playing games! haha). The problem is, I am never a fan of hard liquor so I barely touched it.

More Steamed Chicken Recipes:

And then I discovered cooking with D.O.M instead of drinking it neat. This steamed D.O.M chicken was the perfect solution for me. Not only was the chicken aromatic and tender, the D.O.M liquor became delicious after cooking – no more sharp alcohol taste, and instead, the soup had a pleasant sweet wine taste. I did not even need to add any salt after cooking, even though all I used was D.O.M and plain water. I was told that I had rosy cheeks after consuming this dish weekly for some time.

Steamed D.O.M Chicken Recipe

This recipe requires only 3 ingredients for the marinade – namely D.O.M, ginger juice and sesame oil. Try out this dish when you are feeling tired, and needed a homely, nutritious food boost.

67 Responses to “Steamed Chicken with D.O.M Liquor”

1. Lydia — January 26, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

is this safe for pregnant ladies? it looks so good

• wiffy replied: — January 26th, 2011 @ 9:26 pm

I’m not sure – I think you better check with your doctor to be safe :)

2. shanshan — April 6, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

Hi
    Love your recipes! They make cooking possible for me :)
    Is it necessary to seal up the chkn before steaming?
    I find it abit of a hassle to chk the progress w the plate covered w foil
    Pls advise :) Thank you!

• wiffy replied: — April 7th, 2011 @ 11:34 am

Hi I cover with foil to seal in the flavours and the wine… but if you don’t wish to, I think you can skip that :)

3. jc — June 25, 2011 @ 1:17 am

Sounds amazing! Is it possible to bake it in the oven instead? Thxs!

4. Shaz — October 18, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

Hi, if I am using 5 chicken thighs (cooking for family of 5), can you give me an appropriate time for steaming the chicken? I want to try this recipe real soon – although I don’t have DOM, I am going to use WINCARNIS … my MIL used that a lot in her chinese cooking and also used to ask me to drink it for health. It’s only $20+ so may be less expensive than DOM.

• wiffy replied: — October 18th, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

hi shaz, cooking time should be the same if they occupy one layer in the steaming plate. see my last cooking note – “To test if the chicken is cooked, insert a fork in the thigh area. If clear liquid (no blood) runs out, it is cooked.”

5. Sarah — June 20, 2012 @ 2:21 am

Hi,I would like to ask if chicken breast could be used instead?
    Thanks.

• wiffy replied: — June 20th, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

Yes you can, however bone-on chicken will help sweeten the d.o.m chicken broth.

6. xanxanmummy — April 19, 2013 @ 10:05 am

Thanks for this recipe! i find it too ‘spicy’ to have a shot of it every night and so i have 3 bottles of DOM standing there after my confinement. it has been about 6 mths now. haha! was looking for recipe that uses DOM to help me clear the 3 bottles. great now i can cook this weekly to maintain my youth! lolx.

Btw, any idea if i can use black chicken???

• wiffy replied: — April 22nd, 2013 @ 5:52 pm

black chicken will be more ideal with the double boil method. Just dump everything in double boiler (may need more liquid) and slow cook.

7. Ram ji pal — August 10, 2015 @ 12:03 am

Is beneficial if take liquor with chicken meat?

• wiffy replied: — August 11th, 2015 @ 11:24 am

that is totally up to personal preference/belief

8. Evelyn — March 7, 2017 @ 12:36 pm

Hi can i give it to my daughters in their youth age 19 n 18?
    Boys can this too?

• wiffy replied: — March 10th, 2017 @ 10:30 am

why not? but this really depends on your own discretion and comfort level.

9. Elsie — May 30, 2017 @ 4:14 pm

Instead of DOM, any possibility to use like martel?

1. Pingback: Steamed chicken with DOM « Sabaay Sabaay