Avocado Shrimp Pasta Recipe Chicken Bell Peppers Stir-fry Recipe Stir-fry Pork with Cucumber Recipe Butter Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe Miso Chicken Wings Recipe Sauteed Kale with Chickpea Recipe

Steamed Chicken with D.O.M Liquor

Steamed D.O.M Chicken Recipe

First posted in Aug 2009, updated in Mar 2017.

I always have a bottle of DOM liquor at home thanks to my mum. She told me that D.O.M wine is very nutritious, improves general well being and helps one to sleep better. Perhaps she saw that I am perpetually tired from keeping late nights (playing games! haha). The problem is, I am never a fan of hard liquor so I barely touched it.

More Steamed Chicken Recipes:

And then I discovered cooking with D.O.M instead of drinking it neat. This steamed D.O.M chicken was the perfect solution for me. Not only was the chicken aromatic and tender, the D.O.M liquor became delicious after cooking – no more sharp alcohol taste, and instead, the soup had a pleasant sweet wine taste. I did not even need to add any salt after cooking, even though all I used was D.O.M and plain water. I was told that I had rosy cheeks after consuming this dish weekly for some time.

Steamed D.O.M Chicken Recipe

This recipe requires only 3 ingredients for the marinade – namely D.O.M, ginger juice and sesame oil. Try out this dish when you are feeling tired, and needed a homely, nutritious food boost.

67 Responses to “Steamed Chicken with D.O.M Liquor”

1. smallsmallbaker — August 13, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

I better start eating this frequently from now on. Need to stay young forever. :)

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

yes, must start early :P

2. myasiankitchen — August 13, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

wow!! lovely meal..I bet it’s must taste delicious!!your mom so early gave you DOM!! my 1st time tasting DOM was after my daughter is 1 month old..my mom said I can’t take DOm when I had C section lor!

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 2:08 pm

she has too much liquor at home so she can’t wait to give some away so it takes up less space in her place :P I didn’t know C Sec moms can’t take DOM 8O

3. Ellena — August 13, 2009 @ 3:56 pm

Wow.. i wan i wan… this is one of my favourite dish!!!!! It can have two bowl of rice with this :p

4. tintin — August 13, 2009 @ 6:31 pm

Glad that you love it. This was one of my family’s favourite recipe. I love your blog and the recipes you share. Thank you for visiting my blog!

• wiffy replied: — August 14th, 2009 @ 6:08 pm

Thank you again for this recipe! I’m so glad to have learnt this nutritious and yummy dish :-)

5. diva — August 13, 2009 @ 7:11 pm

i remember the ads for DOM when i was kid. something like a little shot glass each night to relax and for gd health. in chicken soup, i think u’ve hit the X. :D looks incredibly delicious. x

• wiffy replied: — August 14th, 2009 @ 6:08 pm

Oh yes, now I remember the advertisements. Looks like we are from the same generation hehe :halo:

6. mikky — August 13, 2009 @ 10:59 pm

my hubby would love this… thanks for sharing… :D

7. tigerfish — August 14, 2009 @ 11:12 am

I have also heard D.O.M can make some people sleep better…I supposed they make people “drunk”? ;p

• wiffy replied: — August 14th, 2009 @ 6:08 pm

I like your theory! lol :D

8. dhanggit — August 15, 2009 @ 2:47 am

i am not so familiar with DOM liquor but judging from your photos that chicken looks absolutely divine!! :XO:

• wiffy replied: — August 17th, 2009 @ 8:39 am

Oh really! It’s a french liquor, you’re staying in France so I’m surprised you aren’t familiar. Maybe it’s an export thing :D

9. Cooking Gallery — August 15, 2009 @ 6:18 am

This recipe sounds so inviting, just one I’ve been waiting for…! I’ve got 2 chicken thighs in my freezer waiting to be used and I’ve got all the other ingredients (except the liquor – never heard of this before actually…, can I change it with Shao Xing wine?) . I am sure that I will make this soup within the next few days…! Thank you for the recipe.

• wiffy replied: — August 17th, 2009 @ 8:39 am

I think you can, though I don’t think you will get the same benefits from shao xing wine. Coz DOM is made from plants & spices, so maybe that’s where the anti-anging and health benefits come from.

10. Nilmandra — August 15, 2009 @ 10:22 pm

Wah very nourishing indeed! Classic confinement dish LOL ;)