Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Baked Potato Wedges

Baked Potato Wedges

Check Out: Bacon Roasted Potatoes Recipe

I love potato wedges, and I prefer baked potato wedges to deep-fried ones because they are crisp, not oily and most importantly, very easy to make. The only work you need to do is to slice the potatoes, coat them with seasonings, and then you let your oven do its magic.  These wedges make both an excellent side-dish or finger food on its own. Potato wedges taste good with minimal seasonings (just salt, pepper and any herbs of your choice), but if you like it hot, don’t forget to spice them up with a bit of cayenne pepper.  The result was hot, spicy and really blissful.

Spices

In this recipe, I used dried parsley, cayenne and bay leaf from Honest Vanilla. They are 100% organic, aromatic and comes in nifty pretty little magnetic bottles that will stick onto any metallic surface (eg. fridge door). Thanks Min for the herbs sampling!

50 Responses to “Baked Potato Wedges”

1. norma — January 11, 2011 @ 4:49 am

Such a great side dish…love that spicy coating…

2. Alice — January 11, 2011 @ 4:41 pm

What a lovely side dish!

3. Joyce — January 11, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

Great looking spuds and thanks for posting this. For some reason, mine always turns out soggy, sticks to the pan and is a total mess. Bummer.

• wiffy replied: — January 12th, 2011 @ 11:40 am

Let’s cook this together some time ;)

btw if it’s soggy, I find that dabbing the potatoes dry after washing helps them to crisp better

4. Marysol — January 11, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Looks wonderful NC!
    I’m also a big fan of insanely hot potatoes! If it doesn’t get my crying tears of joy, it ain’t hot enough.

• wiffy replied: — January 12th, 2011 @ 11:40 am

you couldn’t have said it better :)

5. Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets — January 12, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

Roasted potatoes are one of our favorite easy sides. Great idea to add flavor with parsley and spices. Will have to try it soon :).

6. Saltseed — January 18, 2011 @ 3:31 am

Hi Wiffy,
    Any type of potatoes is fine? Any suggestion on the brand or type of potatoes that I should buy to make the potatoes wedges?

• wiffy replied: — June 9th, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

aww sorry for the late reply, I missed it :( russet potatoes cook faster so you can use those.

7. Mary — March 8, 2011 @ 8:51 am

I’m drooling from your recipes again! My mom loves insanely spicy and I like spicy – this sounds like a great recipe to try.

8. MEBO — June 8, 2011 @ 9:41 pm

I always get hungry looking at all these food you made :D But again I dont know whats cayenne pepper powder and where to get them D: hope it isnt bothering you to reply to me always asking where to buy this and where to buy that :D I found the pitas at cold storage and made them, their REALLY GOOD!

• wiffy replied: — June 9th, 2011 @ 1:26 pm

I got mine from Honest Vanilla (link in my blog post) when she sent me a sampler pack. But I think they can be found at local supermarkets such as Cold Storage too (those bottled herbs and spices). Hope this helps :)

9. poochie — September 15, 2011 @ 7:05 am

i love your dish.its 4 am in night and it serves my hunger better than any else.i love you seriously

10. Zack miller — October 2, 2011 @ 9:56 pm

may i know what kind of potato( the species) to buy and where can i get them?

• wiffy replied: — October 4th, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

For this recipe, I usually use russet potatoes, you can get them at the supermarket or farmer’s market. If it’s a recipe for say beef stew where the potatoes have to stew for more than an hour, I use harder potatoes such as new or berastagi potatoes.