Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Sour Plum Drink

Sour Plum Drink

Sour plum drink (酸梅水) is one of my favourite local drink! Even though this drink is quite common here, not every drink stall sell this. I think I am more likely to find this drink at the more traditional drink stalls located at hawker centres. I tasted really good ones at Pek Kio and Beach Road hawker centres. Back at home, this drink is not difficult to make at all. Not only is it an excellent thirst quencher for beating the heat, it is also a great appetizer drink (开胃) and goes well with spicy food.

sourplumdrink2

14 Responses to “Sour Plum Drink”

1. TasteHongKong — May 27, 2011 @ 1:48 pm

Isn’t this a great companion for hawker foods?! I enjoyed it in Spore and Malaysia, appetizing indeed.

2. Susan — May 27, 2011 @ 3:13 pm

I found a place that serves it with crushed ice! The coffee shop ( I think it’s S11) at Tampines St 11. Its so refreshing and I absolutely love it!

3. The savoury-sourness just opens up one’s appetite whilst quenching thirst at the same time. Home-made? Even better! :)

4. tigerfish — May 27, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

I agree. Goes really well with spicy or rich heavy food :)

Talking abt Pek Kio, I tried a yummy prawn noodle soup at Pek Kio Hawker Center this time.

5. Norma — May 27, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

My lips puckered when i read the title….I wish we had sour plums in New York…I must look at some of the ,markets downtown.

6. Little Corner of Mine — May 28, 2011 @ 12:49 am

Must be refreshing, wish to try but I couldn’t find a nice preserved sour plums here, the one here tasted different.

7. Freda — May 28, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

this is a good recommendation for hot weather
    cheap, simple and easy to make this drink
    if added with crushed ice will be good and go well with curry rish head

8. daphne — May 28, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

I wouldnt have guessed that this is such an easy to make drink noobcook!!

9. Lorraine — May 29, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

So refreshing & invigorated after a drink during these hot days & aid indigestion, I hope.
    Thanks for sharing.

10. Edith — May 31, 2011 @ 7:12 am

Due to change of store owner, this drink at beach Rd is not as nice as before. The previous owner used three types of sour plums. It is also my favorite drink.

• wiffy replied: — May 31st, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

Oh I didn’t know that. It must have been really nice with 3 types of sour plums!