Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Snow Pear Soup

Snow Pear Soup

Check Out: Chinese ABC Soup Recipe

Snow pear soup with pork ribs is a light tasting and thirst-quenching soup which is perfect for our hot climate as snow pears are known for their cooling properties. Chinese almonds and snow fungus are said to boost health benefits such as improving blood circulation, strengthening respiratory system and aiding weight loss. Thanks to my buddy anemone for sharing her recipe with me.

Snow Pears

20 Responses to “Snow Pear Soup”

1. Tastes of Home (Jen) — March 10, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

This must be such a nourishing and refreshing soup! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

2. tigerfish — March 10, 2011 @ 1:15 pm

I just got myself some white fungus recently. I need them to moisten my lungs! Been sick for so long :( …I wish I could have some of your soup right now! as in ready-made.

3. Judy — March 10, 2011 @ 1:48 pm

Refreshing and light, but I would use gingko nuts or lotus seeds. Not fond of bitter almond.

4. Min {Honest Vanilla} — March 10, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

Actually I’ve not had snow pear soup before :P Not sure where I’ve been but this looks like a first for me! I love soup in all methods, so this is definitely a keeper when I spot some snow pears in the market :)

5. Little Inbox — March 10, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

It’s good to have this on this hot season. I’ll learn how to cook this soup too.

6. TasteHongKong — March 10, 2011 @ 11:29 pm

I was having problems in my throat for more than a week, and a soup with white fungus and almonds did help sooth the syndrome.

7. Janet @Gourmet Traveller 88 — March 11, 2011 @ 6:39 am

Came back from Hong Kong, your soup is just what I need, as the air is so dry here and I have been wetting my hands all the time due to more frequent exposed to water from washing baby marc’s stuff, as he has started eating solids. I have snow fungus at home, should give myself a treat. I may skip pork but use honey dates for a meatless soup. or try the papaya version is also a good idea : )

8. daphne — March 11, 2011 @ 8:15 am

I have never used pear in soup as well. I’m thinking it will be very sweet and norishing. mm..might give it a go given that our weather is too hot!

9. masterofboots — March 11, 2011 @ 8:24 am

this is a daring combination. I can’t imagine sweet fruit with meat :P

10. Alice — March 11, 2011 @ 11:38 am

Nourishing and tasty, suitable for our weather now! I am going to make it soon! :)

1. Pingback: Snow Fungus Soup with Longan and Ginkgo Nuts Recipe