Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review)

Sesame Oil Chicken

Sesame Oil Chicken Recipe

Check Out: Ginger Scallions Chicken Recipe

One day, I was walking past my neighbour’s home along the corridor and my paparazzi nose picked up an amazing aroma and I knew what it was instantly – sesame oil chicken (麻油鸡). This makes me crave for this simple childhood dish and I simply couldn’t get the dish out of my head. I asked my mum how she cooked hers last time and she taught me her simple recipe over the phone. When I tried out the dish, my whole house was also filled with the wonderful aroma which I experienced walking past my neighbour’s home. The aroma of the sesame oil and ginger is so familiar and so therapeutic. Best of all, this is a simple dish which is easy to prepare with minimal key ingredients – just chicken, sesame oil and ginger.

Sesame Oil Chicken Recipe

75 Responses to “Sesame Oil Chicken”

1. mycookinghut — September 26, 2010 @ 3:39 am

I could almost taste it through my screen!! This is a nice one!

2. Rack of Lam — September 26, 2010 @ 1:06 pm

Wow that looks really good, almost like store-bought. Drizzle that sauce on top of some rice and top it off with the chicken – perfect meal!

• wiffy replied: — September 28th, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

oh yes, the sauce to me is the good part … I waste not a drop of it for drizzling on my rice or even “drink” on its own :P

3. Little Inbox — September 26, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

I seldom cook sesame oil dish at home, as it tends to make my kitchen oily. But I love sesame oil dishes, including this. Usually my mom will cook for me when I go over for lunch. :)
    Noticed that you add so little of soy sauce. Was it salty enough?

• wiffy replied: — September 28th, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

yes definitely salty enough for me, and I tend to like salty food. maybe because the recipe did not use a lot of chicken and water :)

4. Trissa — September 26, 2010 @ 9:43 pm

Hi Wiffy -this seriously looks amazing… such a simple dish to prepare too – I’d love to give it a go this week.

• wiffy replied: — September 28th, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

Hope you’ll enjoy it :)

5. Jess @ Bakericious — September 27, 2010 @ 2:18 pm

Wiffy, I love this dish, my mil always cook for us, yum yum.

• wiffy replied: — September 28th, 2010 @ 1:17 pm

lucky of you to have someone cook this for you :)

6. judy — September 27, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

mmmmm… so simple yet so good. everything good in food really boils down to the essentials and especially those with memories of childhood and family

7. shirley@kokken69 — September 27, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

I love anything with sesame oil. You know what I crave for now?…. Pork liver soup with ginger, sesame oil and chinese wine… don’t know why – seeing your dish reminds me of that!

• wiffy replied: — September 28th, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

same type of comfort food. now you reminded me of another “forgotten” childhood fave. Must make that soon too! ;)

8. Angie's Recipes — September 27, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

Sesame chicken….what a nutrients-loaded and delish treat!

9. Christine@Christine's Recipes — September 27, 2010 @ 7:09 pm

Love the aroma of sesame oil chicken. I can eat a big bowl of rice with this dish. :)

10. Nate @ House of Annie — September 27, 2010 @ 7:32 pm

Canned mushrooms have that “tinny” flavor. I prefer shiitake or oyster mushrooms

• wiffy replied: — September 28th, 2010 @ 1:15 pm

also they are very slippery so I don’t like the texture hehe