Economical Fried Bee Hoon Recipe Easy Cabbage Recipe Fried Tang Hoon Recipe Tom Yum Tang Hoon Recipe Carbonara Recipe Portobello Stuffed Spinach Recipe

Scallops Aglio e Olio

Scallops Aglio Olio

I may be a noob cook, but I’m proud to say that I’ve learnt to whip up a mean dish of scallops Aglio Olio. Aglio e Olio which means garlic and oil is a traditional Italian pasta and one of the first few dishes I learnt to make when I started cooking.

Check Out: Shrimps Aglio Olio Recipe

Nowadays, I’m quite reluctant to order this dish outside, because it’s usually quite expensive on the menu, yet so cheap & easy to make at home – I’d rather spend the money on finer ingredients or buy white wine to complete the meal.

Scallops Aglio Olio Recipe

44 Responses to “Scallops Aglio e Olio”

1. Reeni — January 5, 2011 @ 9:57 am

This is one of my favorite pastas when I’m in a hurry! Such a great idea to make it with scallops – bet it’s just delicious!

2. Juliana — January 5, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

I love scallops, and this aglio and olio just look amazing, simple and tasty :-) Happy New Year!

3. daphne — January 6, 2011 @ 9:30 am

I am the same- it’s too expensive to order out when it is an easy dish to make at home. It is the simplest that is the most delish. Love how u added chili padi for the heat and the herbs at the end!

4. zenchef — January 6, 2011 @ 10:27 am

Perfection! Don’t move anything. i’m coming for dinner.
    er.. 20+ hours plane ride. Hm.. I mean tomorrow’s dinner! :)

5. Tricia — January 6, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

When I saw this recipe I was drooling. The scallops and pasta looked like a perfect match. Unfortunately, my son is allergic to seafood … *cry*cry*cry*.

So, yesterday, after such a *long* wait, I decided to make with Chicken instead. I must say “WOW” … I made 2 portions of this … my son told me not to eat mine because he *LOVES* it!

Yes … he ate 1.5 portion … for a 6 yr old … it has to be goooooooooooooood!!!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

6. The Sudden Cook — January 7, 2011 @ 10:43 am

One of the earliest past dishes I learnt to make! Am gonna try your recipe but substitute scallops with something else maybe ham or prawns.

7. ButterYum — January 25, 2011 @ 7:55 am

Oh man, this post is screaming my name. SCREAMING!!!!!!!

I’m loving your blog!!

8. Swee San — January 25, 2011 @ 10:38 am

ooo scallops yummmyy! gotta try this soon

9. PLoh — March 1, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

I saw a mincer tool in 1 of your picture above – to mince garlic. Where can i find this tool in s’pore??

• wiffy replied: — March 9th, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

Hi Ploh, this is a garlic press. Mine was shipped from Amazon, but in Singapore, you can find it at certain supermarket (kitchen tools section) and Isetan (I saw the KAI brand) etc.

10. jx — March 9, 2011 @ 2:29 pm

Hi.. thanks for the receipe!
    I tried it out today and the result is delicious!
    So happy!

• wiffy replied: — March 9th, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

Happy to hear that! thank you!