Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe

Scallops Aglio e Olio

Scallops Aglio Olio

I may be a noob cook, but I’m proud to say that I’ve learnt to whip up a mean dish of scallops Aglio Olio. Aglio e Olio which means garlic and oil is a traditional Italian pasta and one of the first few dishes I learnt to make when I started cooking.

Check Out: Shrimps Aglio Olio Recipe

Nowadays, I’m quite reluctant to order this dish outside, because it’s usually quite expensive on the menu, yet so cheap & easy to make at home – I’d rather spend the money on finer ingredients or buy white wine to complete the meal.

Scallops Aglio Olio Recipe

44 Responses to “Scallops Aglio e Olio”

1. Angie's Recipes — January 3, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

I have a weakness for scallops….this is a perfect recipe for me.
    Happy 2011!
    Angie

2. Anncoo — January 3, 2011 @ 11:35 pm

Thanks for sharing this easy recipe. I’ve not tried to cook Aglio Aglio with scallops before. Look delicious!
    Happy New Year :)

3. Jean — January 4, 2011 @ 12:22 am

Incidentally, I was making chicken & mushroom aglio olio earlier this evening to bring to work tomorrow! I agree that it’s the perfect dish to practice cooking skills, and it seems that there’s always a learning point with every try! With such easy recipes on hand, bringing home-cooked food to the office can also become a frequent reality. :)

4. Little Corner of Mine — January 4, 2011 @ 1:12 am

Looks divine and what a great way to spice it up with chili padi.

5. tigerfish — January 4, 2011 @ 2:08 am

I made something similar over the weekend. I use scallops and shrimps and lotsa garlic too! But everything was cooked in the oven cos too lazy to 开火 ! Yum!

6. norma — January 4, 2011 @ 8:40 am

I feel the same…you go to a restaurant and pay so much for a pasta dish that is over cooked or dry. Yours is to perfection.

7. Pipana — January 4, 2011 @ 8:56 am

Happy new year to you!!!
    I am looking forward to more and more yummy local dishes from you this year ^_-

8. Little Inbox — January 4, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

I bet with the scallops, the Aglio Olio tastes irresistible. I’m mouth-watering looking at it, even though I just had my lunch. :)

9. Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets — January 5, 2011 @ 12:28 am

I LOVE scallops and am known for eating more than my fair share teehee. Love the classic, simple preparation here. I’ve learned my lesson the hard way about burning garlic…

10. HoppingHammy — January 5, 2011 @ 6:20 am

You are absolutely amazing wiffy. :-) Scallops are very tricky to cook right, from what I hear. They either burn or they’re undercooked (aka raw). These are cooked to PERFECTION. How do you do it?