Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Scallops Aglio e Olio

Scallops Aglio Olio

I may be a noob cook, but I’m proud to say that I’ve learnt to whip up a mean dish of scallops Aglio Olio. Aglio e Olio which means garlic and oil is a traditional Italian pasta and one of the first few dishes I learnt to make when I started cooking.

Check Out: Shrimps Aglio Olio Recipe

Nowadays, I’m quite reluctant to order this dish outside, because it’s usually quite expensive on the menu, yet so cheap & easy to make at home – I’d rather spend the money on finer ingredients or buy white wine to complete the meal.

Scallops Aglio Olio Recipe

44 Responses to “Scallops Aglio e Olio”

1 2 3 4
  1. celine — January 3, 2011 @ 11:36 am

oh, Wiffy ….. this looks REALLY good!! makes me want to dash out to get some scallops and whip this up for dinner tonight :)

2. j3ss kitch3n — January 3, 2011 @ 11:43 am

this is what i always order when i dine outside yummylicious thanks for sharing!

3. Judy — January 3, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

Great pics! Great dish! Juicy-looking scallops!
    Happy New Year!

4. mochachocolatarita — January 3, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

wowww!!! yours look better than the ones from restaurants!
    and yes i agree with you, can be quite expensive T_T

5. Trissa — January 3, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

This is my Mom’s favourite pasta. She has made this plain, or with clams, or prawns. Funnily enough she has never tried it with scallops which I am sure will be fantastic. She will totally agree with you about ordering it in a restaurant – for such a simple dish, they sure charge a lot!

6. masterofboots — January 3, 2011 @ 3:57 pm

Hey, really appreciate your practical and achievable recipes. tried some of them over the festive season, and they work! keep the posts coming!

7. wyyv — January 3, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

That is really an awesome pasta! nice :)

8. shirley@kokken69 — January 3, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

You are right, this dish is usually quite expensive at the restaurants. I love scallops too and aglio olio is always a good basic pasta. Thanks for sharing.

9. Selba — January 3, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

I wish I had scallop for New Year dishes :)

Happy New Year 2011!

10. MaryMoh — January 3, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Lovely pasta dish….mmmm…with scallops! I have not cooked scallops yet. Must try one of these days. Happy New Year!

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: “Food Tip” del giorno – Scallops! | mangia con me!

2. Pingback: Seafood Spaghetti | Easy Pasta Recipe