Scallops Aglio e Olio
Scallops Aglio e Olio Recipe
Check out the base aglio olio recipe for more tips on how to perfect this pasta dish.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 servings of pasta (I used 180g linguine)
- 10 fresh large scallops
- 3 tbsp fine olive oil
- 40g butter divided
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 chilli padi sliced (or substitute with 1/2 tsp chilli flakes)
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 30g Italian flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to the timing indicated on the packaging, minus two minutes. Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Heat a deep pan and add half the butter. Spread the melted butter evenly over the pan either by swirling the pan, or using a spatula.
- Season scallops with salt and black pepper, then arrange one layer on the pan. Allow one side to sear and brown before flipping over to the other side using kitchen tongs. When both sides of the scallops are browned, take out and set aside on a plate.
- Add olive oil to the pan with the scallop juices and browned bits. When the oil is heated, add garlic and chilli. When the garlic turns light brown, turn off the stove and let the garlic cook for a few more seconds to turn a lovely golden brown. Add cooked pasta, 1-2 tbsp reserve pasta water, 3/4 of the parsley and remaining butter (cubed). Season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat the pasta evenly, ensuring the butter is melted fully.
- Dish pasta to serving plates and top with the cooked scallops and the remaining parsley.
Leave a Comment
41 Responses to “Scallops Aglio e Olio”
Pingback: Seafood Spaghetti | Easy Pasta Recipe
Pingback: Easy Baked Scallops Recipe