Sambal Fried Beancurd with Sugar Snap Peas
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Sambal Fried Beancurd Recipe
Belacan is pungent smelling. Open your windows and remove all laundry (if you have them in the kitchen) when you’re making this dish.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp sambal belacan (you can use ready made ones as well)
- 80g sugar snap peas gently break off the ends and pull off the “strings”
- 1 piece (200g) of fried bean curd (tau kwa/炸豆干) cubed
- 2 tbsp water
- salt to taste
(A) Dried shrimps paste
(finely chop or pulse in electric grinder for a few seconds)
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps soaked in water until softened
- 5 shallots peeled
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- In a wok, heat the oil. Add (A) and sambal belacan. Stir fry briefly until you can smell the aroma.
- Add snap peas and stir fry for a minute or two. Then add beancurd and water. Stir fry for a few minutes and mix well, until the water has evaporated, and everything is nicely coated in the sambal sauce.
- Season with salt if needed. I did not add salt because my home made sambal belachan is already nicely salted. Serve with steamed rice.