Sambal Cuttlefish Balls
Sambal Fish Balls Recipe
You can season the sambal sauce with either salt, fish sauce or home-made ikan bilis powder. Adjust the amount of water to achieve the desired sauce consistency.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 8 cuttlefish or fish balls
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 red onion cut to rough wedges
- water optional
(A) Sambal Sauce
- Heat cooking oil in a pot. Add cuttlefish balls and deep-fry until light golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper towels or tempura paper.
- Add (A) to a wok. Bring to a quick simmer and season to taste.
- Add onions and stir fry briefly until just softened. Add water if you prefer a more watery sauce. Turn off the heat and add the cooked balls to the wok, coating them evenly in the sambal sauce.