Note: This was first posted in Jan 2009, now updated with new photos and improved recipe.
These roasted vegetables are the side dish that always occupy my roast chicken. Nothing fancy at all, but definitely so easy to prepare, healthy and delicious! I basically used the same herbs and ingredients that was used for the roast chicken (usual suspects like thyme, rosemary and garlic). You can roast the vegetables on its own, but I usually cook it with the roast chicken during the last 40 minutes of roasting. The chicken juices and aroma further flavour the roasted vegetables. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Roasting vegetables is almost a non-recipe and it is very flexible. You can vary the amount of vegetables so long as they occupy one layer on the roasting tray. For the most basic seasoning, you only need salt and pepper. But feel free to add whatever herbs and ingredients you have in the pantry (such as rosemary, thyme and garlic) for added flavour.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut to uniform small chunks
- 2 carrots peeled and cut to uniform small chunks
- 1 zucchini cut to uniform small chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 to 10 peeled garlic cloves slightly bruised
- Add cut potato and carrots to roasting tray. Coat with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add herbs (rosemary, thyme, bay leaf) and garlic cloves. Toss to mix everything together.
- Ensure the vegetables occupy one layer on the roasting tray (not stacked). Roast vegetables in preheated oven of 200°C (400°F) for approximately 20 minutes.
- Take the tray out from the oven and add in the zucchini. Use a spatula to give the vegetables a good stir.
- Return tray to oven and continue roasting for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are nicely roasted (slightly wrinkled and browned at the edges).