Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Roast Chicken with Garlic and Lemon

Roast Chicken

Check Out: Roast Chicken Recipes

Note: This was first posted in Dec 2008, now updated with new photos and improved recipe.

With Christmas around the corner, it’s the time of the year to cook more hearty meals like a whole roast chicken. We were extremely satisfied with the end result of this particular roast chicken, I think largely due to the butter mixture which was stuffed underneath the chicken skin. For those who have not roasted a chicken before, you have to totally try it out this holiday season. Roasts like this is relatively fuss-free because the oven is doing 90% of the work, leaving the cook time to sit back and unwind this holiday season. A whole roasted chicken like this makes great party food for all occasions.

Roast Chicken

The reason why we have been roasting a chicken instead of a traditional turkey these few years – (1) my standalone oven is too small to fit in a whole turkey, (2) we are feeding only 2 persons, (3) chicken is much cheaper than turkey, (4) chicken meat usually tastes juicier and less dry than turkey, at least to me. If you are a fan of roast chicken too, do check out the other roast chicken recipes.

56 Responses to “Roast Chicken with Garlic and Lemon”

1. smallsmallbaker — December 27, 2008 @ 9:10 am

Your hamsters are sooo cute! Wish you happy holidays and a great year ahead! :)

2. Little Corner of Mine — December 27, 2008 @ 11:08 am

Yummy, I love the combination of lemon, thyme and rosemary for my baked chicken too. Your little pets are so cute! Have a happy holidays and a wonderful new year ahead.

3. beachloverkitchen — December 27, 2008 @ 5:08 pm

your herb chicken look really good!!must bake it one day! Happy holiday to you! oh what a cute hamster:P

4. Reeni — December 28, 2008 @ 1:01 am

They are the sweetest little things. I bet they were in heaven eating your delicious and very tasty chicken! Your chicken looks so wonderful and your skin perfect and crispy! YUM!!

5. Nate — December 28, 2008 @ 1:21 am

Your photography is excellent, and your roasted chicken recipe is simple but very flavorful.

I notice that you tucked the feet of the chicken into the cavity. Most chickens in the US don’t come with feet. (well, yeah, all chickens have feet but not by the time they get to the supermarket!) Without feet, would you have trussed the bird or just left it untrussed?

Those hamsters are adorable!

6. Tastes of Home — December 28, 2008 @ 2:48 am

yummy roast chicken! looks so festive, I love the way you set your table :)

7. Susan — December 29, 2008 @ 7:18 am

I predict your two darlings will make their way onto I Can Has Cheezburger. They’re naturals. :D (I want to tickle Neko’s tiny, little foot!)

Hope you are enjoying your holiday celebrations, Wiffy.

(On a separate note, I sent you an email earlier today.)

8. Kevin — December 30, 2008 @ 11:30 am

Nice roasted chicken dinner!

9. pablopabla — December 30, 2008 @ 5:42 pm

For added taste, consider placing some bacon over the chicken breast to prevent the latter from being overly dry ;)

I did something similar earlier this month but did not take any picture of it because it was already nightfall by the time everything’s done.

10. megan — December 30, 2008 @ 11:31 pm

That chicken looks so moist and tasty. Makes me want to roast a chicken! Love the hamsters! What a feast they had on Christmas! :D
    Happy New Year!