Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe

Rice Cooker Chicken Rice

Rice Cooker Chicken Rice

Check Out:

This is no-pride, lazy and short-cut cooking (my speciality) at its best – chicken rice, cooked in the rice cooker. I have made claypot chicken rice in the rice cooker before, so this is not new. Yes, I do have recipe for making steamed chicken rice the traditional way, but I reserve this recipe for days I know I will be super busy. All I need is 5 minutes to dump the ingredients in the rice cooker, and I let the rice cooker do the rest of the work – it really can’t get any easier than this. If you have have a bit more time to spare, you can make your own ginger and chilli sauces, as well as cook a quick vegetable side-dish such as oyster sauce vegetables for a complete meal.

Rice Cooker Chicken Rice (Ingredients)

Short-cuts Used

1. The chicken has already been chopped to small pieces by the wet market uncle. I freeze the bag and thaw the chicken on the day of cooking. Saves me the time and trouble of cutting the chicken.
  2. Store-bought concentrated chicken stock (the tetra-pak types will be better than the stock cubes), unless I happen to have home-made chicken stock sitting in the fridge.
  3. Rice cooker for steaming the rice and chicken at the same time.

35 Responses to “Rice Cooker Chicken Rice”

1. Lily — April 1, 2013 @ 9:44 am

I have made this twice already. First time as experiment for my own family only, with the chillie recipe given by one of the commentators here plus choysum-fishball soup. It was a hit! Second time yesterday for the family and in-laws, this time with yuen choy-anchovy soup. Very delicious and easy-peasy. Thank you!!

2. Chris — August 25, 2013 @ 11:33 pm

Tired the rice cooker chicken rice. My husband said the rice is so yummy but chicken not tender. can use the hot and cold method for chicken? if use the home made stock will it be that yummy?

• fc replied: — September 24th, 2013 @ 10:28 am

If Im using chicken cubes to mix with water, how many cubes should i use for 1 1/3 cup of rice? Yummm…..i look forward to trying this out!

• wiffy replied: — September 24th, 2013 @ 11:50 am

dissolve the chicken cube with hot water; taste it and adjust accordingly.

• fc replied: — October 4th, 2013 @ 4:28 pm

I tried this out two nights ago and the rice turned out yummy although chicken was a bit dry. I coated it with sesame oil and salt before placing it on the basket for the rice cooker. Next time i will take it out in half hour after rice is cooked :-D Thumbs up!

3. ERIC — June 6, 2014 @ 9:49 pm

Hi, when you said “1/2 cup chicken stock half the amount you normally use to cook rice” . lets say if i use 1 cup of water to cook rice normally, with the same amount of rice, i only need to use 1/2 cup of chicken stock to cook chicken rice?

• wiffy replied: — June 7th, 2014 @ 1:03 pm