Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Red Bean Soup

Red Bean Soup

This is an easy and refreshing recipe for Chinese-style red bean soup (็บข่ฑ†ๆฑค). Where yin and yang of foods go, green bean soup is “yin” (cooling) while red bean soup is “yang” (warming), so the latter is perfect for the cooler rainy December days we have now.

See Also: How to Cook Sago

I personally cook green bean soup more frequently to combat the heat, but somehow, my family and I agree that red bean soup tastes subtly better, maybe a more robust bean flavour. As far as Chinese desserts go, this is really easy to cook and I often keep the leftovers in the fridge overnight to enjoy the dessert chilled the next day.

Red Bean Soup

20 Responses to “Red Bean Soup”

1. char — October 26, 2012 @ 12:11 am

can i use white sugar to substitute rock sugar? approx how much white sugar is needed? cant wait to try this out!

• wiffy replied: — October 29th, 2012 @ 10:47 am

Hi char, yes you can substitute with white sugar. Add 1 tbsp at a time, stir to dissolve sugar completely, test taste and repeat until desired sweetness is reached.

2. Chen Ching Han — November 30, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

Sorry, can I have ” Chinese Vession” Red Bean Soup Receipt, thank a lot.

Awaiting from you to return appreciation

3. Tanya Sala — January 13, 2013 @ 3:20 pm

Hello

I am wondering if you can substitute the dried orange peel for fresh orange peel or possibly a few leaves from an orange tree.
    Thanks

• Kamchaska replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

Yes, you can! I have, with fresh mandarin-not an orange thus- peel and the result was the dessert sooo beautifully aromatic and fresh! Please go ahead and try.

4. Nicole — April 10, 2014 @ 6:31 pm

Hi Wiffy,

I supposed if i am using slow cooker on high heat, I don’t need to add so much water? The water of slow cooker will not loose so much as compared to the cooking pot.

• wiffy replied: — April 10th, 2014 @ 9:06 pm

Yes, you are right. You can reduce the water added, anyway you can always top up with hot water if necessary.