Easy Grilled Salmon
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
I was busy for the past two weeks and had limited cooking and internet time (hence the lack of updates T_T ). During busy times like these, I am grateful for simple, healthy & “quickie” recipes such as this grilled salmon to get us by.
I call this a “quickie” recipe because it only takes 15 minutes to cook this up (including preparation time!). It doesn’t look too bad for a 15-minutes dish right? ;p Plus it is so healthy and you get to taste the wholesome sweetness of the fish due to a minimal of ingredients used. The cost of an average piece of thick salmon fillet is only about S$5 in our local supermarkets, and after seeing the ease which I whipped up this dish, B told me that he won’t be ordering grilled salmon in restaurants anytime soon, hee. It’s much more economical to eat this at home, where you can enjoy a much bigger piece of salmon at the fraction of the cost. I had microwaved potatoes as the side which is equally quick to prepare.
(Serves 1 for 1 person)
– 1 piece of salmon fillet (I love thick pieces for grilling)
– kosher salt or organic sea salt
– freshly cracked black pepper
– one or two herbs you have in the pantry (I used dried parsley) – optional
– butter or olive oil
– Pull out the bones from the salmon fillet using your fingers or a tweezer.
– Season the fish with salt (rub), black pepper and herbs.
– Melt a knob of butter and spread it evenly on the griddles pan (or use olive oil). Grill the salmon fillet, skin side down first, for about 4 minutes each side (or till lightly browned) over medium fire.
– Cooking Note (update):: You can also pan-fry the fish if you don’t have a grill pan. It will still taste good =)
Have a bit more time to whip up something more elaborate? Check out my grilled miso salmon recipe: