Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe Philips Airfryer Giveaway

Easy Grilled Salmon

I was busy for the past two weeks and had limited cooking and internet time (hence the lack of updates T_T ). During busy times like these, I am grateful for simple, healthy & “quickie” recipes such as this grilled salmon to get us by.

Grilled Salmon
15 minutes quick dinner: grilled salmon with microwaved potatoes

I call this a “quickie” recipe because it only takes 15 minutes to cook this up (including preparation time!). It doesn’t look too bad for a 15-minutes dish right? ;p Plus it is so healthy and you get to taste the wholesome sweetness of the fish due to a minimal of ingredients used. The cost of an average piece of thick salmon fillet is only about S$5 in our local supermarkets, and after seeing the ease which I whipped up this dish, B told me that he won’t be ordering grilled salmon in restaurants anytime soon, hee. It’s much more economical to eat this at home, where you can enjoy a much bigger piece of salmon at the fraction of the cost. I had microwaved potatoes as the side which is equally quick to prepare.

Grilled Salmon
A thicker stab of grilled salmon, yum

Ingredients
(Serves 1 for 1 person)

- 1 piece of salmon fillet (I love thick pieces for grilling)
- kosher salt or organic sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- one or two herbs you have in the pantry (I used dried parsley) – optional
- butter or olive oil

Directions

- Pull out the bones from the salmon fillet using your fingers or a tweezer.
- Season the fish with salt (rub), black pepper and herbs.
- Melt a knob of butter and spread it evenly on the griddles pan (or use olive oil). Grill the salmon fillet, skin side down first, for about 4 minutes each side (or till lightly browned) over medium fire.
- Cooking Note (update):: You can also pan-fry the fish if you don’t have a grill pan. It will still taste good =)

Have a bit more time to whip up something more elaborate? Check out my grilled miso salmon recipe:

Grilled Miso Salmon

51 Responses to “Easy Grilled Salmon”

1. sweetipie — March 12, 2009 @ 4:44 am

I love grilled salmon,yummyWhat a healthy food.:P mouth is watering now!!

2. wiffy — March 12, 2009 @ 12:48 pm

Hopping: I’ll never see bonito flakes (or hamster shavings) in the same way again :P hehe

3. Min — March 12, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

is this the same as pan-fried salmon?

4. wiffy — March 12, 2009 @ 1:43 pm

Hi Min, grilling is not the same as pan-fried, but for this recipe you can also pan fry it till it’s slightly browned on the surface.

5. Memoria — May 29, 2009 @ 12:53 pm

This was really great and quick to make! I ate it with microwaveable brown rice, and I enjoyed everything very much. Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — May 29th, 2009 @ 4:41 pm

Thanks Memoria, I’m happy to hear that you tried my recipe and like it! :-) xo

6. Rita — September 5, 2010 @ 8:43 pm

Thanks for sharing… Whipped up a good meal with it and my hub enjoyed it a lot… :D

7. Jac — September 11, 2010 @ 11:18 pm

Love ur recipe! Cooked this today and I added some blanched broccoli. Hubby and I felt so satisfied with the end result!
    Thank u!

8. alvinnoob — February 12, 2011 @ 1:39 am

your husband is so lucky !!

9. Tina — April 24, 2011 @ 2:20 am

tried yr grilled salmon but pan-fried it instead. didnt have any herbs on hand so jus did it wit plain salt n pepper wit butter n olive oil. the results? wonderful salmon lunch wit baked potatoes on the side in less than half hr (including prep time) thx 4 sharing the recipe. :)

10. Felicia Ng — August 24, 2011 @ 11:18 am

Hi Wiffy

Once again, thanks for your sharing of this recipe. Like many others, I am drooling and I would like to try this recipe over this long weekend ;o).

May I know if I would like to have some easily made sauce other it, what would your recommendation be?

Thanks.
    Felicia

• wiffy replied: — August 24th, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

I have a creamy sauce for cod fish here http://www.noobcook.com/cod-fish-with-creamy-mushroom-sauce/ … I think it will work with grilled salmon too!

• Felicia Ng replied: — August 24th, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

Hi Wiffy

Thanks so much for your super fast respond. It helps to keep my “zeal” to try out this dish. I have another 2 questions:
        - Can I don’t use Dill for the sauce bec I do not know where to buy it?
        - What is the brand of white wine do you usually use for your recipes?

Once again, tahnks!