Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Easy Grilled Salmon

I was busy for the past two weeks and had limited cooking and internet time (hence the lack of updates T_T ). During busy times like these, I am grateful for simple, healthy & “quickie” recipes such as this grilled salmon to get us by.

Grilled Salmon
15 minutes quick dinner: grilled salmon with microwaved potatoes

I call this a “quickie” recipe because it only takes 15 minutes to cook this up (including preparation time!). It doesn’t look too bad for a 15-minutes dish right? ;p Plus it is so healthy and you get to taste the wholesome sweetness of the fish due to a minimal of ingredients used. The cost of an average piece of thick salmon fillet is only about S$5 in our local supermarkets, and after seeing the ease which I whipped up this dish, B told me that he won’t be ordering grilled salmon in restaurants anytime soon, hee. It’s much more economical to eat this at home, where you can enjoy a much bigger piece of salmon at the fraction of the cost. I had microwaved potatoes as the side which is equally quick to prepare.

Grilled Salmon
A thicker stab of grilled salmon, yum

Ingredients
(Serves 1 for 1 person)

- 1 piece of salmon fillet (I love thick pieces for grilling)
- kosher salt or organic sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- one or two herbs you have in the pantry (I used dried parsley) – optional
- butter or olive oil

Directions

- Pull out the bones from the salmon fillet using your fingers or a tweezer.
- Season the fish with salt (rub), black pepper and herbs.
- Melt a knob of butter and spread it evenly on the griddles pan (or use olive oil). Grill the salmon fillet, skin side down first, for about 4 minutes each side (or till lightly browned) over medium fire.
- Cooking Note (update):: You can also pan-fry the fish if you don’t have a grill pan. It will still taste good =)

Have a bit more time to whip up something more elaborate? Check out my grilled miso salmon recipe:

Grilled Miso Salmon

52 Responses to “Easy Grilled Salmon”

1. Dee — March 6, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

Excellent. I love how moist your salmon is, and the photos are gorgeous :)

2. wiffy — March 6, 2009 @ 1:25 pm

Hi all, thank you so much for the wonderful comments, really appreciate it :halo:

Evan - thanks girl, u r too humble, I think you’re the IT savvy one ;)

juhuacha & Bob – The main reason I grill is because I loved the grill marks left on the meat afterwards, and the oil kind of drip off the grill lines after cooking … however I think pan frying is just as nice as grilling :)

Aimei, glad to find your blog too, your bakes look delicious!

3. Janet Ching — March 6, 2009 @ 6:13 pm

I love salmon, it’s really perfect when we are having those busy days but still want something descent, delicious and quick to make.

4. mycookinghut — March 6, 2009 @ 9:14 pm

Great dish! And pretty!

5. HoppingHammy — March 6, 2009 @ 9:33 pm

How do you manage to capture such texture in your food photography? I can rarely make it appear like you do, and this looks absolutely delicious. :up:

I haven’t clicked on the grilled miso salmon link yet (will do after typing this), but I must find out what is on top of it. It reminded me of hamster shavings hehehe. :lol:

6. LCOM — March 8, 2009 @ 1:36 am

Quick, simple and delicious!

7. Kevin — March 8, 2009 @ 5:03 am

Salmon is one of my favorite foods because salmon meals are so quick and easy and always good!

8. beachlover — March 8, 2009 @ 1:43 pm

we love salmon too..it’s the most easy fish to cook!! simple yet look good!!

9. Ellena — March 9, 2009 @ 9:54 am

wow… love at the way you present the salmon…. it’s look so delicious…… :lol:

10. Ning — March 9, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

Simple and easy to prepare, delicious and healthy! Wow! Surely a winner in my kitchen! :)