Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Easy Grilled Salmon

I was busy for the past two weeks and had limited cooking and internet time (hence the lack of updates T_T ). During busy times like these, I am grateful for simple, healthy & “quickie” recipes such as this grilled salmon to get us by.

Grilled Salmon
15 minutes quick dinner: grilled salmon with microwaved potatoes

I call this a “quickie” recipe because it only takes 15 minutes to cook this up (including preparation time!). It doesn’t look too bad for a 15-minutes dish right? ;p Plus it is so healthy and you get to taste the wholesome sweetness of the fish due to a minimal of ingredients used. The cost of an average piece of thick salmon fillet is only about S$5 in our local supermarkets, and after seeing the ease which I whipped up this dish, B told me that he won’t be ordering grilled salmon in restaurants anytime soon, hee. It’s much more economical to eat this at home, where you can enjoy a much bigger piece of salmon at the fraction of the cost. I had microwaved potatoes as the side which is equally quick to prepare.

Grilled Salmon
A thicker stab of grilled salmon, yum

Ingredients
(Serves 1 for 1 person)

- 1 piece of salmon fillet (I love thick pieces for grilling)
- kosher salt or organic sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- one or two herbs you have in the pantry (I used dried parsley) – optional
- butter or olive oil

Directions

- Pull out the bones from the salmon fillet using your fingers or a tweezer.
- Season the fish with salt (rub), black pepper and herbs.
- Melt a knob of butter and spread it evenly on the griddles pan (or use olive oil). Grill the salmon fillet, skin side down first, for about 4 minutes each side (or till lightly browned) over medium fire.
- Cooking Note (update):: You can also pan-fry the fish if you don’t have a grill pan. It will still taste good =)

Have a bit more time to whip up something more elaborate? Check out my grilled miso salmon recipe:

Grilled Miso Salmon

52 Responses to “Easy Grilled Salmon”

1 2 3 5
  1. Selba — March 5, 2009 @ 12:57 pm

I’m drooling!!! Your grilled salmon looks so good!

2. Evan — March 5, 2009 @ 1:11 pm

wow your grilled salmon looks delicious indeed! i still find the price of salmon very expensive haha but i love it. in fact all oily fishes like cod, tuna, sardines :p am gonna try making the miso salmon, i think it’ll be very nice!

btw, u seem very IT savvy with all the widgets n all on yr blog haha. i’m the real noob!

3. didally — March 5, 2009 @ 1:28 pm

Yummy, I like grilled salmon! It’s really easy, Lately, I’ve been buying salmon steak to pan fry at home too with some salt and ground black pepper. Simple and yet very satisfying.

I love your 15 minutes meals! :D

4. Pipe fittings — March 5, 2009 @ 1:36 pm

Seem being sure to be very good eat.

5. juhuacha — March 5, 2009 @ 1:42 pm

Yummy… I had a hard time trying to prepare teriyaki salmon a few days ago. This recipe seems easier for beginners like me. Can I bake or pan fry as I do not have a griddle pan? Is it healthier to grill?

6. deeba — March 5, 2009 @ 2:09 pm

What can I say? WOW…QUICK gimme some, PRETTY PLEASE Wiffy!

7. tigerfish — March 5, 2009 @ 2:10 pm

ya…this is how I whip up my salmon too…so easy. :)

8. Bob — March 5, 2009 @ 2:13 pm

That looks fantastic! I’m not the biggest seafood fan, but I’ve been wanting to expand my horizons a bit and start trying it again. I don’t have a grill of any sort, do you think you could cook it in a normal pan?

9. Eat. Travel. Eat! — March 5, 2009 @ 2:24 pm

Wow! So beautiful! The potatoes look like they were baked or roasted and not from a microwave. Can’t wait to see the microwave potato recipe! And the salmon looks so fresh and peppery! It’s amazing it only took you 15 minutes- if I just looked at the photo, I would have thought at least 30 minutes.

10. Wandering Chopsticks — March 5, 2009 @ 4:20 pm

Hey! I just made this last night. It’s my go-to quick meal too. I like to add lemon juice to mine. And a side of broccoli.

1 2 3 5