Overnight Oats Recipe Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe

Creamy Pumpkin Soup

Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, Served in a Mini Pumpkin Bowl!

First posted in Oct 2009, updated in Oct 2014

With Halloween just around the corner, this roasted pumpkin soup (and the adorable pumpkin soup bowl they are served  in) got to make its starry spotlight on the blog. I adore the taste of the natural pumpkin sweetness in this soup, which is further draw out by roasting the pumpkins beforehand.

See Also: Pumpkin Risotto Recipe

Using the basic pumpkin puree (made by blending the roasted pumpkin), I made two versions of soup with it – one which is chunkier (almost gravy like) for the one who loves chunky soups, and a creamier and smoother version (think cream of chicken type of consistency) for me. With the basic puree, you can adjust the amount of soup stock and cream added to achieve the consistency that you like.

Pumpkin Toast Recipe

I also spread some of the thick pumpkin puree on toasted baguette slices (pictured above) to accompany the soup. Yummy!

Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

To make pumpkin soup bowls, get mini pumpkins, carefully cut off the top, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and strings, and use a paring knife to scoop out the flesh out all round. I bought my mini pumpkin from Vivomart; you can also find them at selected Cold Storage or Jasons outlets (Singapore) during the Halloween season (month of October).

48 Responses to “Creamy Pumpkin Soup”

1. Reeni — October 31, 2009 @ 10:06 am

What delicious soup! It is so beautiful served right in the pumpkin! Such a great idea!

2. Cookinggallery — October 31, 2009 @ 6:07 pm

Your pumpkin ‘bowl’ looks soo cute!! what a nice way to present the soup!

3. Ching — October 31, 2009 @ 11:10 pm

How cute! Love the way your served it.

4. tintin — November 2, 2009 @ 1:55 am

Happy Belated Halloween!! eee…pumpkin bowl so cute. I love the orange colour of the soup, sure yummy yum yum..!!!

• wiffy replied: — November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:08 am

Happy belated Halloween!! I think the soup will go well with your yummy bakes (indirectly asking you for some yummy pastries, lol)

5. HoppingHammy — November 2, 2009 @ 7:35 am

You certainly know how to make many uses out of pumpkins at this time of year! :-) It’s very pretty how you swirled the soup inside the bowl.

• wiffy replied: — November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:07 am

I just want to maximize the use of that mini pumpkin for photos lol :D

6. Mrs Ergül — November 2, 2009 @ 1:29 pm

Too many times when I have in mind to make pumpkin soup, I end up snacking on the freshly roasted pumpkin chunks! They are truly addictive!

• wiffy replied: — November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:04 am

Hey you’re right, I have to resist myself from snacking on the roasted pumpkin too! Np on the name, I’ve renamed it :)

7. Mrs Ergül — November 2, 2009 @ 1:31 pm

Oh no! I made the mistake of putting my blog add as my name again. I just realized and I’m utterly sorry!

8. The Little Teochew — November 2, 2009 @ 9:03 pm

This soup is as cute as a … errm, pumpkin. Love the photos, especially the dried autumn leaves scattered everywhere. You’re really so detailed. I, on the other hand, just snap. LOL!

• wiffy replied: — November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:05 am

heh, was just trying to create the autumn feeling … but at the end, I think less is more :oops: :P hehe

9. petite nyonya — November 2, 2009 @ 11:22 pm

I love the pumpkin bowl. So cute! The soup looks tasty too!!

10. daphne — November 2, 2009 @ 11:26 pm

Gorgeous use of mini pumpkins! Happy belated Halloween and looks like this season it is more of a “treat” than “trick” with all the delicious pumpkin soup!

• wiffy replied: — November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:05 am