Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Pumpkin Risotto

Pumpkin Risotto

Pumpkin is now in season and one of my favourite uses of pumpkin is to make risotto (traditional Italian rice dish). The pumpkin puree gives the pumpkin risotto a natural and beautiful golden yellow hue.

See Also:ย Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

You can use your any variety of pumpkin for this recipe – my personal favourite is butternut squash (see ingredients’ photos on page two of the recipe) which I find easier to slice than other pumpkins, and it is very sweet!

Pumpkin Risotto

18 Responses to “Pumpkin Risotto”

1. Margot @ Coffee & Vanilla — October 22, 2012 @ 9:40 pm

Looks mouthwatering! :)

2. Angie@Angie's Recipes — October 22, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

This is my type of autumn dinner ;-) Made some last year, but with brown rice..delicious too. Love yours more with risotto rice and pine nuts. Gorgeous colour.

3. Newbie Cook — October 22, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

This looks so good.. But I have a few stupid qns to ask. Will the use of the dry white wine render this dish not suitable for preschoolers? What is considered as dry white wine? can I also ask where do u get pine nuts and sage leaves? I seldom cook western meals n don’t have most of the ingredients. :p

• wiffy replied: — October 23rd, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

Hi! you can skip the wine if you are concerned about alcohol content. You can buy pine nuts in the supermarket (it’s optional as it’s just garnishing). As for sage, I bought it from the fridge herbs section of NTUC/Cold Storage. You can also use dried sage (about 1-2 tsp) if you can’t find fresh ones, or even omit.

4. Little Corner of Mine — October 23, 2012 @ 12:08 am

Looks good, love the color!

5. daphne — October 23, 2012 @ 6:39 am

How creamy this looks! I love how the pumpkin colour makes this so appealing as well- your lucky family!

6. lisaiscooking — October 24, 2012 @ 3:14 am

I’m having so much fun cooking with pumpkin and butternut squash right now, but I haven’t made a risotto lately. Pumpkin risotto sounds great!

7. platanosmangoes.com — October 25, 2012 @ 1:20 am

This is lovely ad looks deliciously creamy.

8. Juliana — October 26, 2012 @ 3:40 am

Oh! This risotto looks delicious, I love the flavor and the vivid color…beautifully done :0
    Thanks for the recipe and hope you are enjoying your week Wiffy!

9. Jill — October 26, 2012 @ 6:38 am

Love risotto and pumpkin…this I have to try.

10. Pipana — October 28, 2012 @ 2:24 am

Looks totally YUMMY!!! :9

You know, we love pine nuts here in Portugal, but they are pretty expensive @_@ I don’t quite remember how much they were in Singapore, but I’m positive they are so much cheaper there.

• wiffy replied: — October 29th, 2012 @ 10:44 am

Hi Pipana, good to see ya :) Pine nuts are expensive in SG too, in fact I was just contemplating to ship a big bag from US stores.

• Pipana replied: — November 8th, 2012 @ 11:54 pm

Oh, I didn’t know pine nuts are expensive in Singapore too!
        In Portugal, we eat lots of pine nuts during Xmas season, so the price goes even higher X_x