Stir-fried Prawns in Sweet Chilli Sauce
by wiffy on October 31, 2011
I have been eating out/taking away for the most part of the last two months as I was doing a bit of travelling and also catching up with work. It really made me miss home-cooked food greatly. During busy times like these, I’m glad I have fail-safe, easy and fast recipes like this stir-fried prawns with snow peas and carrots to fall back on. The sauce is almost instant as I used sweet chilli sauce as the base. The great thing about sweet chilli sauce, as the name implies, is that it is sweet so it can cater to everyone. I added sliced chilli padi to the stir-fry and it instantly transforms to a hot and sweet stir-fry sauce. Pairing it with my 10-minute egg fried rice, I had a healthy & balanced home-cooked meal figured out in about half an hour.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
The sauce is courtesy of the nice folks at WorldFoods who sent me some bottles to sample. I was really happy with the results of my stir-fry. Besides using in stir-fries, it can also be used as a dipping sauce so to me, it is a versatile sauce that is really useful to have in the pantry. If you like to know more about WorldFoods, do check out their website and facebook page for more information.
- 8 to 10 large prawns (US name: shrimps), shells (leaving only tail end) and veins removed
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 slices ginger, stacked and sliced thinly
- 2 chilli padi (US name: bird’s eye chili), finely sliced (adjust or omit to taste)
- 70g snow peas, strings pulled and ends trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- a handful of coriander (US name: cilantro), finely chopped
(A) sauce (mix well)
- 3 tbsp WorldFoods Malaysian Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
1. Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic, ginger and chilli until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add snow peas and carrots, stir-fry for about a minute.
3. Add prawns and (A) sauce. Stir fry until the ingredients are well coated in the sauce and the prawns are cooked. Garnish with finely chopped coriander.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|