Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe Red Glutinous Wine Lees

Pesto Pasta

Pesto Pasta Recipe

Check Out: Basil Pesto Recipe

“Fast food”, not necessarily means instant noodles or junk food. I call pesto pasta my gourmet “instant noodles”. Recently, I am hooked on making pesto. Pesto is a versatile sauce with many uses. I like to use it to make a very quick, almost instant pesto pasta meal. On the weekends, I will usually make a small quantity of pesto (just enough to last me for a few days) and keep the pesto sealed and chilled in the fridge. Whenever I’m hungry and fancy a quick meal, I will cook some angel hair (a quick cooking pasta which cooks in 2 minutes) and toss the pesto with the noodles. It takes me less than 5 minutes to whip up this plate with my ready stash of pesto in the fridge, almost the same time I take to cook instant noodles. How’s that for fast food? This is healthy and quite gourmet for a change from the usual fast food, and not bad for 5 minutes work. If you prefer it more fancy, you can also grill some seafood on the side and it will become seafood pesto pasta; the possibilities are limitless.

37 Responses to “Pesto Pasta”

1. Cooking Gallery — October 21, 2010 @ 3:03 am

This pasta looks delicious, Wiffy! I like Aglio Olio for instant pasta, but this sounds like a great idea too! Thanks for sharing :)

• wiffy replied: — October 22nd, 2010 @ 1:41 pm

Love aglio olio too!

2. mochachocolatarita — October 22, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

wow…ur fast food is so different from my junk heheheh

• wiffy replied: — October 22nd, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

I like the junky type of fast food too, have to pretend to eat healthy once in a while, lol

3. Anncoo — October 22, 2010 @ 3:09 pm

Thanks for sharing this superfast pasta! Looks so simple and delicious :)

4. Shirley@kokken69 — October 22, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

I have always loved pesto and often find the bottled pesto at gourmet food store irresistible. Thanks for sharing so many pesto recipes…

5. Trissa — October 24, 2010 @ 6:24 pm

Hmmm… there’s really no excuse not to eat healthy when you can whip up a pasta dish like this in minutes!

6. maureen — October 24, 2010 @ 11:13 pm

thanks for this! it came just in time. i was eating lobster pesto pasta at a restaurant and im super in love with it. i was about to google for a pesto recipe and coincidentally i was reading ur blog!

any recommendation for a brand of pesto sauce? :D

• wiffy replied: — October 25th, 2010 @ 10:05 am

hi maureen, sorry I have not tried store-bought pesto before… wah, lobster pesto pasta! :)~

7. Tastes of Home (Jen) — October 27, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

yummy! such pretty looking pasta…I must try making my own pesto one day too hehe

8. elaine — June 14, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

Hi, I had been reading Noob cook recipes for about a year & I like some of the recipes which my mum used to cook .
    How to make mushroom soup from variety kind of fresh mushroom ? which I bought from wet market.