Tuna Pasta Recipe Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe

Papaya Milk

Papaya Milk Recipe

Check Out: Blueberry Smoothie Recipe

Papaya Milk (木瓜牛奶) is a popular drink in Asian countries such as Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan. This is my simple home-version. I thought of doing this because I have leftover papaya from making papaya, snow fungus and almonds dessert. The papaya was a little over-ripe and soft so I thought it will be nicer in a drink than eating it on its own. It turns out really nice and a healthy, refreshing drink. Some people also believe that this drink is beneficial to expectant mothers because it is nutritious.  For other known properties of this drink, check out the comments ;)

Papaya Milk Recipe

If you have a whole papaya, slice away the papaya skin (using a vegetable peeler or knife). Cut the papaya in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scrap out all the seeds.

Serves: 1 glass

Prep Time: 10 mins

Ingredients

• 200g ripe & sweet papaya flesh cut into small chunks
  • 200ml fresh milk
  • 1 tsp honey to taste

Directions

Blend everything together in a blender until you can get a smooth consistency.

41 Responses to “Papaya Milk”

1. Kirbie — August 28, 2010 @ 1:39 am

Yum, I make this all the time when I have overripe papayas. Or ones that aren’t sweet. Love drinking this. I’ve also heard the rumors of what this milk is supposed to do…and I can say that it definitely didn’t work for me. After my mom read about it, I started drinking a few cups a day for a few months..nothing. Hehe

2. Paula — August 28, 2010 @ 6:29 pm

I love dried papaya so I think that I would like such milkshake too :)

3. Cat @ The KitchenMaid — August 29, 2010 @ 5:49 am

I want to try this, do you think it will work if i use a hand held immersion blender?

• wiffy replied: — August 29th, 2010 @ 3:07 pm

I think it will work, because you just want to blend them till smooth.

4. Elmo — August 29, 2010 @ 9:39 am

We actually add condensed milk to the mixture instead of honey–next time I will try the honey! In the U.S. we have a latin food brand GOYA and they make frozen papaya puree that also works well for this milkshake!

5. Christine@Christine's Recipes — August 29, 2010 @ 5:49 pm

Yeah, it’s very popular in HK. Whenever I go back to HK, I’d definitely buy this delicious cool drink when we’re in hot days. It’s very nutritious too.

6. jo — August 29, 2010 @ 8:47 pm

I’ve had this before and it is delicious. When I first heard of it I was thinking “yucks”. But surprisingly it was so tasty. I guess for anyone who doesn’t like papayas, this would be a no-no. You can do the same for honey dew melon as well, but probably omit the honey.

7. mycookinghut — August 29, 2010 @ 8:57 pm

Interesting! I have never had this before!

8. joudie's Mood Food — August 29, 2010 @ 9:10 pm

This is so simple and also so amazing! Papaya is Just delicious. I love the creamy texture of it. Perfect!

9. gaga — August 30, 2010 @ 10:31 am

Mmm, one of my favorites!

10. norma — August 31, 2010 @ 4:20 am

Delicious! This is so beautiful…..