Potato Patties Recipe
This is a great meatless recipe for using up the leftover potatoes in your pantry.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp plain flour sifted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream to serve
- Place potatoes in a pot of water with 1/2 tsp salt added. Bring to boil, then simmer potatoes for 12 minutes, or until a fork can pierce the potato easily.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them using a potato ricer. Combine potato with the rest of the ingredients except vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Mould 1 heaped tablespoon of potato mixture into a ball and gently flatten it to make a patty. Repeat until all the potato mixture is used up.
- Heat frying pan with vegetable oil. Cook potato patties in batches, 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown, then turn over with a spatula to cook the other side. Drain the excess oil on tempura papers or kitchen paper towels and serve with some sour cream.