Pan-fried Fish Stuffed with Chilli Paste
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Pan-fried Fish Stuffed with Chilli Paste Recipe
Feel free to adjust the chilli padi to suit your preferred heat level.
- 6 whole selar fish cleaned and de-gutted (we asked the fish monger to clean the fish for us)
- 10 chilli padi stalk removed (no need to deseed; adjust to your preference)
- 6 shallots peeled
- a small piece of toasted belacan
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Place shallots, chilli padi and belacan in a blender. Whizz until chilli paste is well combined.
- Make two slits along the back shoulder of each fish to form two deep pockets. Stuff the pockets with the chilli paste you prepared earlier, taking care not to over-stuff the fish or else they may spill out during frying.
- Heat oil in wok and when the oil is sufficiently hot, shallow fry the fish, in batches, on both sides until golden brown.