Wafu Salad Recipe Overnight Oats Recipe Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe

Osmanthus Jelly

Osmanthus Jelly Recipe

When I was in Hong Kong 2 weeks ago, one of my shopping missions was to buy some dried osmanthus flowers to bring back to Singapore (update: it’s now easy to buy them locally).

See Also: Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly Recipe

I wanted to make a refreshing and healthy osmanthus flower tea jelly (桂花糕) with it. I love the wonderful aroma of the flowers, which is distinctive and yet, gentle at the same time.

Osmanthus Jelly Recipe

81 Responses to “Osmanthus Jelly”

1. TasteHongKong — August 4, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

The pictures prove that you have bought some good quality dried osmanthus. I have been thinking to make this lovely dessert for helping to calm the heat as well. Though I usually make this with agar-agar, I also add wolf berries.

2. jo — August 4, 2010 @ 8:43 pm

Looks really good and reminds me that I have not made jelly for a long time now. Love the colours of this dessert.

3. HoppingHammy — August 4, 2010 @ 9:14 pm

You make the prettiest jellies……you really do! Glad you had fun on your trip and found some goodies to use in the kitchen. Oh, and is that a new punchi backdrop I see? :D *squeals*

• wiffy replied: — August 10th, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

yes isn’t it so punchi with the bright orange and polka dots? :D I have more of these backdrops hehe

4. pigpigscorner — August 4, 2010 @ 10:41 pm

So pretty! Had this in HK too, so yumm!

5. daphne — August 5, 2010 @ 12:09 am

I have always like your taste of desserts and this one is no different! It’s fresh and light. Love how healthy this is in comparison to other cream laden desserts. A nice change!

6. ladyhomechef — August 5, 2010 @ 12:16 am

I really want to rob you: now, tell me, where exactly can i find this xx flower…><

7. MaryMoh — August 5, 2010 @ 3:41 am

My children would really love this. They are crazy over konnyaku jelly.

8. lisaiscooking — August 5, 2010 @ 6:13 am

The jellies are so pretty! This is a great use for dried flowers. Now I’m wondering about the flavor of osmanthus flowers.

• wiffy replied: — August 10th, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

Hope you have a chance to try it one day. It’s my fave edible flower :)

9. XiaoYen — August 5, 2010 @ 6:47 am

These jellos are so pretty! I’ve never had them before. Would definitely try making it.

10. blessed homemaker — August 5, 2010 @ 10:20 am

I’ve not made this for a long time, thanks for th reminder.

I bought my flowers from Bee’s Brand in Singapore, can’t remember how much though. And I thought I rem seeing it in PH now too.

• wiffy replied: — August 10th, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

Where can I find Bee’s Brand? PH=Phoon Huat?