Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

The Noob’s Guide to Microwave Cooking with Samsung

Creme Brulee and Apple Crumble
Creme Brulee & Apple Crumble

The Noob’s Guide to Microwave Cooking with Samsung” is all about microwave cooking and includes 12 easy, step-by-step recipes which I created and authored. This is an online collaboration between Noob Cook and Samsung Singapore.

Check out the microsite link above for easy microwave recipes such as Creme Brulee, Apple Crumble and 10 other recipes.

Screenshot of the campaign microsite

Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoy reading them :)

Update: All comments from my previous separate announcements regarding this campaign have been merged into this post.

118 Responses to “The Noob’s Guide to Microwave Cooking with Samsung”

1. tigerfish — November 17, 2010 @ 2:45 am

I am always for steamed cuisine. In fact, I made dinner with all steamed dishes last night! The dumplings made it! Yay!

2. Christine@Christine's Recipes — November 17, 2010 @ 8:20 am

I’m a big fan of steamed cupcakes. Yours look great and win my heart. :)

3. Reeni — November 17, 2010 @ 11:08 am

I never had a steamed cupcake and am amazed you can do that with a microwave! It looks so perfect and so scrumptious!

4. HoppingHammy — November 18, 2010 @ 12:25 am

I totally agree with Marysol’s comment about taking microwave cooking to a new level! You’re so creative with your cooking and it shows.

The dumplings are so cute, they’re like mini purses. ^-^ And the steamed muffins look so soft, I would be tempted to poke a hole in the middle with my finger teeheehee!

5. jo — November 18, 2010 @ 8:51 am

I’ve never ever steamed a cake in my microwave. The only thing I have ever done in it is to reheat up food. Haha … but this looks really good and lesss washing up too with the microwave.

6. Little Inbox — November 18, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

The steamed pandan cake is done so well!

7. yvonne — November 18, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

hello there!
    what an amazing job! like you cooking and webiste very much! what is sponge gel? is it a must in this recipe? as im not too sure whether i can find it in melbourne.

Thanks kindly

• wiffy replied: — November 18th, 2010 @ 10:50 pm

Thanks! It is a stabliser and gives a more “airy” texture to the cupcake. If I’m not wrong, it’s more commonly known as ovalette in Australia. You can find it at the baking section of supermarkets.

• yvonne replied: — November 19th, 2010 @ 9:07 pm

Hello again
        Thanks for the reply! we are all blessed with ur talented cooking and the generosity of sharing the recipes! its a good job and wish you can keep up to it!

Thanks kindly

8. wiffy — November 18, 2010 @ 10:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your compliments and support, I really appreciate it :)

9. Xiaolu — November 19, 2010 @ 3:56 am

Can’t believe you can make all these versatile goodies in the microwave. You’re really opening my eyes!

10. Hungry for Nasi Lemak — November 19, 2010 @ 12:35 pm

Hi Wiffy
    I would love to try out your nasi lemak recipe using the microwave oven. But I am not sure if I’ve interpreted the measurements as stated in your recipe correctly. This is with reference to the water – coconut milk ratio. Say for example, for 1 cup rice, I need 1.5 cups water and 3 cups coconut milk?!?! This seems like a lot of liquid. Also, did you use packet coconut milk or you make it from scratch?

• wiffy replied: — November 19th, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

“Add in 1 part of the required amount of water, plus 2 parts coconut milk into the cooker.”

Hi there, what I meant by the instructions above was, if the recipe calls for 1 cup water, use 1 part (i.e. 1/3 cup) water, and 2 parts (i.e. 2/3 cup) coconut milk. I use those tetra pak coconut milk, but if you can make it from scratch it’s even better. Hope this helps :)

• Hungry for Nasi lemak replied: — November 19th, 2010 @ 10:54 pm

Hi wiffy
        Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try one of these days. By the way, I tried some of your recipes like easy steamed fish and fried bee hoon with stewed pork. They turned out rather well. Looking forward to more postings of your recipes. Keep up the fantastic work!