Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

The Noob’s Guide to Microwave Cooking with Samsung

Creme Brulee and Apple Crumble
Creme Brulee & Apple Crumble

The Noob’s Guide to Microwave Cooking with Samsung” is all about microwave cooking and includes 12 easy, step-by-step recipes which I created and authored. This is an online collaboration between Noob Cook and Samsung Singapore.

Check out the microsite link above for easy microwave recipes such as Creme Brulee, Apple Crumble and 10 other recipes.

Screenshot of the campaign microsite

Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoy reading them :)

Update: All comments from my previous separate announcements regarding this campaign have been merged into this post.

118 Responses to “The Noob’s Guide to Microwave Cooking with Samsung”

1. Angie's Recipes — October 16, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

Looks totally delicious! And everything is prepared with a microwave.

2. Lorraine — October 16, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

Thanks a bunch for the much effort to come out with all these tempting recipes and writing for the campaign microsite “The Noob’s Guide to Microwave Cooking with Samsung“.
    It’s so professionally presented that a noobies would not believe it that these yummy menus is deliciously prepared by a Noob too.
    Always on the look out for new surprises and recipes from you to experiment it myself.
    Congrats “Chef NoobCook”!

• wiffy replied: — October 16th, 2010 @ 9:31 pm

“Chef” is an embarrassing tag, I’m just a noob cook. But thanks for your encouragement :)

3. Tastes of Home (Jen) — October 16, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

I love clam chowder but never thought to use the microwave to cook it! Congrats on authoring the recipes, sounds really cool :)

4. juhuacha — October 17, 2010 @ 10:33 pm

Yr caesar salad recipe came at the right time as I am trying to eat healthier by having more vege. Where can I buy anchovy fillet and is it necessary to include for the dressing? Can I replace parchment paper with baking sheet? Is MWO + Conv the same as the combination mode shown on my microwave oven?

Sorry for bombarding u with so many questions as I never cook using my microwave. Only use it to heat up food…. Congrats on being the spokeswoman for Samsung….

• wiffy replied: — October 17th, 2010 @ 11:41 pm

hi juhuacha, you can buy the anchovy fillets at NTUC finest, Cold Storage, Jasons etc. This is the one I got:http://www.johnwest.com.au/products/specialty/anchovies/anchovies-in-olive-oil-45g/ it’s a small box like the knorr chicken cube box size. It’s optional to add it, but if you don’t, you need to salt your dressing, because the anchovies are salty. I think you can use baking sheet. The MWO + Conv in the Samsung oven may not be the same as the combination mode of yours, but you can try it out. Happy cooking :)

5. Cooking Gallery — October 18, 2010 @ 12:30 am

Hey, congrats! The clam chowder soup looks especially tempting!!

6. jo — October 18, 2010 @ 8:38 am

Great microwave cooking guide and anything that makes life easier (especially cooking), I’m all for it. BTW the clam chowder looks really good.

7. wiffy — October 18, 2010 @ 10:10 am

Thanks everyone for the words of support, I really appreciate it :)

8. Lia Chen — October 27, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

Awesome! Run to Samsung’s micro site now to read more :)

9. Angie's Recipes — October 27, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

Congratulations to Sophia!

10. Ching @ LCOM — October 27, 2010 @ 11:28 pm

Nice looking dishes! And congrats to the winners!