Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Miso Soup

Miso Soup

Check Out: Easy Japanese Recipes

I love salty and savoury stuff so it is no surprise that I like miso soup, which is a must-have side whenever I am eating Japanese food. Another great thing about miso soup is that it is so quick (under 15 minutes), easy and cheap to prepare, it is almost like instant food preparation to me. Do not boil miso soup as the high heat may cause fermentation and indigestion, so all you need to do is to dissolve the miso paste in hot stock and then stir it into the soup pot. This is a basic recipe for miso soup with tofu and wakame, but you can add other ingredients to make a more sumptuous bowl. One of my very favourite variation is miso soup with asari clams recipe.

Miso Soup

24 Responses to “Miso Soup”

1 2 3
  1. MingYu Lim via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 10:31 am

May I know where did you get your dashi stock, seaweed and miso paste? Thanks!

2. Joanna Ng via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 10:32 am

Didn’t realize dashi is the secret ingredient, everytime I just buy the miso paste – too salty!

3. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 11:31 am

MingYu, dashi stock and miso paste from NTUC/Cold Storage/Sakuraya. I got the seaweed for S$2 at Daiso Singapore.
    Joanna, dashi enhances the flavour of the soup but it adds saltiness too. If your miso soup is too salty, reduce the miso paste used. Different brands have varying degree of saltiness.

4. Lee Hong via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 11:44 am

I like to cook it with fish head ^^

5. HL Tay via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 11:50 am

NoobCook, cannot leave comments at your blog :(

6. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

HL, thanks, what error did you get? I can see the comment form.

7. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

Lee Hong, salmon belly miso soup will be very nice too, it will be my next kitchen experiment ^^

8. HL Tay via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

NoobCook…just no response & can’t type anything on the comment form. It worked for the clam chowder post though. Hmmm…maybe I will try again on the miso post.

9. sb — January 5, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

Love miso soup. Glad to be able to enjoy an authentic version at home.

10. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

HL, just tested and it works now, let me know if still cannot. thanks for letting me know, kekeke

1 2 3