Lobster Spaghetti Recipe Thai Basil Chicken Recipe Thai Holy Basil Thai Supermarket in Singapore Crispy Fried Egg Recipe Crispy Roasted Baby Potato Recipe

Miso Soup

Miso Soup

I love salty and savoury stuff so it is no surprise that I like miso soup, which is a must-have side when eating Japanese food. It is cheap, easy and quick (10 minutes) to make, almost like instant food!

See Also:

This is a basic recipe for miso soup with tofu and wakame. You can always add other ingredients, such as with salmon head or asari (clams) to make it a more sumptuous bowl.

Miso Soup

24 Responses to “Miso Soup”

1 2 3
  1. MingYu Lim via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 10:31 am

May I know where did you get your dashi stock, seaweed and miso paste? Thanks!

2. Joanna Ng via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 10:32 am

Didn’t realize dashi is the secret ingredient, everytime I just buy the miso paste – too salty!

3. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 11:31 am

MingYu, dashi stock and miso paste from NTUC/Cold Storage/Sakuraya. I got the seaweed for S$2 at Daiso Singapore.
    Joanna, dashi enhances the flavour of the soup but it adds saltiness too. If your miso soup is too salty, reduce the miso paste used. Different brands have varying degree of saltiness.

4. Lee Hong via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 11:44 am

I like to cook it with fish head ^^

5. HL Tay via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 11:50 am

NoobCook, cannot leave comments at your blog :(

6. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

HL, thanks, what error did you get? I can see the comment form.

7. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

Lee Hong, salmon belly miso soup will be very nice too, it will be my next kitchen experiment ^^

8. HL Tay via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

NoobCook…just no response & can’t type anything on the comment form. It worked for the clam chowder post though. Hmmm…maybe I will try again on the miso post.

9. sb — January 5, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

Love miso soup. Glad to be able to enjoy an authentic version at home.

10. NoobCook via Facebook — January 5, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

HL, just tested and it works now, let me know if still cannot. thanks for letting me know, kekeke

1 2 3