Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Marmite Spaghetti (Nigella Lawson’s Recipe)

Marmite Spaghetti

Check Out: Pesto Pasta Recipe

Marmite is something you either love or hate. The guys at Marmite knew this, and they have a great sense of humour about it at that, setting up an official Marmite Facebook Hate Party complete with hilarious, self-deprecating posts which endears the brand to non-lovers as well. For me, of course I belong to the love camp. I have been eating Marmite for two decades, and it is a must-have condiment in my porridge. You will never see my fridge without a bottle. In a recent episode of Nigella Kitchen, Nigella Lawson shared a quick recipe of spaghetti with Marmite which I thought was really clever of her. It has since became my go-to “instant noodles” when I am cooking for myself with almost next to nothing in my fridge.

Marmite Spaghetti

37 Responses to “Marmite Spaghetti (Nigella Lawson’s Recipe)”

1. chow lee Peng — May 12, 2011 @ 12:19 am

Economy, quick and simple recipe especially when one is hungry.
    Easy to prepare within 15 minutes

2. Anncoo — May 12, 2011 @ 1:00 am

Mmm…this sounds delicious and healthy with Marmite. Would like to make this for my hubby because he loves Marmite :)

3. tigerfish — May 12, 2011 @ 11:10 am

I remember I used to eat Bovril more often than Marmite. Long forgotten taste for me….

4. Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover — May 12, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

This is super easy pasta, soung good too.

5. Life for Beginners — May 12, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Truer words were never spoken – MARMITE is indeed something one either hates/loves. Fortunately I belong to the latter category, so this dish is both simple, wholesome and right up my alley! :)

Kinda reminds me of my student days, when I’d substitute the packet of seasoning for some Marmite when cooking instant noodles (the dry, non-soupy variety).

6. Maureen — May 12, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

Is there anything I need to note with I use normal butter?

• wiffy replied: — May 20th, 2011 @ 11:30 am

you mean salted butter? It should be fine, you may need slightly less marmite to season the noodles if using salted butter

7. Sissi — May 12, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

Hi, I am so happy I have discovered your website! Your recipes look very inspiring and the marmite pasta is definitely the dish I have to make. In Switzerland we have something very similar, a bit lighter in taste, called “cenovis” and I couldn’t really say which one I prefer. It would be interesting to compare cenovis pasta with marmite pasta one day :-)

• wiffy replied: — May 20th, 2011 @ 11:31 am

I have to research about cenovis pasta one day, sounds interesting and delicious. This isn’t my recipe though, I learn this from Nigella Kitchen (TV show) :)

8. mycookinghut — May 13, 2011 @ 2:31 am

Believe it or not, I have never tasted marmite! Is it the same as Bovril? I might give this a go!

• wiffy replied: — May 20th, 2011 @ 11:32 am

how could you! marmite is cheap in UK ;) hehe just kidding. I think it’s the same type of food, taste similar to Bovril but not the same (they have different formulas and ingredients)

9. kimberlycun — May 13, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

about time someone comes up with marmite spaghetti hahah! love this!

10. shirley@kokken69 — May 14, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

So glad you’ve shared this recipe. I have not had marmite for the longest time and can’t wait to relive the flavours!