Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe

Marmite Spaghetti (Nigella Lawson’s Recipe)

Marmite Spaghetti

Check Out: Pesto Pasta Recipe

Marmite is something you either love or hate. The guys at Marmite knew this, and they have a great sense of humour about it at that, setting up an official Marmite Facebook Hate Party complete with hilarious, self-deprecating posts which endears the brand to non-lovers as well. For me, of course I belong to the love camp. I have been eating Marmite for two decades, and it is a must-have condiment in my porridge. You will never see my fridge without a bottle. In a recent episode of Nigella Kitchen, Nigella Lawson shared a quick recipe of spaghetti with Marmite which I thought was really clever of her. It has since became my go-to “instant noodles” when I am cooking for myself with almost next to nothing in my fridge.

Marmite Spaghetti

37 Responses to “Marmite Spaghetti (Nigella Lawson’s Recipe)”

1. chow lee Peng — May 12, 2011 @ 12:19 am

Economy, quick and simple recipe especially when one is hungry.
    Easy to prepare within 15 minutes

2. Anncoo — May 12, 2011 @ 1:00 am

Mmm…this sounds delicious and healthy with Marmite. Would like to make this for my hubby because he loves Marmite :)

3. tigerfish — May 12, 2011 @ 11:10 am

I remember I used to eat Bovril more often than Marmite. Long forgotten taste for me….

4. Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover — May 12, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

This is super easy pasta, soung good too.

5. Life for Beginners — May 12, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Truer words were never spoken – MARMITE is indeed something one either hates/loves. Fortunately I belong to the latter category, so this dish is both simple, wholesome and right up my alley! :)

Kinda reminds me of my student days, when I’d substitute the packet of seasoning for some Marmite when cooking instant noodles (the dry, non-soupy variety).

6. Maureen — May 12, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

Is there anything I need to note with I use normal butter?

• wiffy replied: — May 20th, 2011 @ 11:30 am

you mean salted butter? It should be fine, you may need slightly less marmite to season the noodles if using salted butter

7. Sissi — May 12, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

Hi, I am so happy I have discovered your website! Your recipes look very inspiring and the marmite pasta is definitely the dish I have to make. In Switzerland we have something very similar, a bit lighter in taste, called “cenovis” and I couldn’t really say which one I prefer. It would be interesting to compare cenovis pasta with marmite pasta one day :-)

• wiffy replied: — May 20th, 2011 @ 11:31 am

I have to research about cenovis pasta one day, sounds interesting and delicious. This isn’t my recipe though, I learn this from Nigella Kitchen (TV show) :)

8. mycookinghut — May 13, 2011 @ 2:31 am

Believe it or not, I have never tasted marmite! Is it the same as Bovril? I might give this a go!

• wiffy replied: — May 20th, 2011 @ 11:32 am

how could you! marmite is cheap in UK ;) hehe just kidding. I think it’s the same type of food, taste similar to Bovril but not the same (they have different formulas and ingredients)

9. kimberlycun — May 13, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

about time someone comes up with marmite spaghetti hahah! love this!

10. shirley@kokken69 — May 14, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

So glad you’ve shared this recipe. I have not had marmite for the longest time and can’t wait to relive the flavours!