Marmite Spaghetti (Nigella Lawson’s Recipe)
Marmite Spaghetti Recipe
When cooking for one, I adapted the original recipe by using 1 serving (80g) of spaghetti with a small knob of butter, 1/2 tsp Marmite and 1 tbsp reserved pasta water.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 375g dried spaghetti
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Marmite or more to taste
- freshly grated parmesan to serve
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling, salted water, according to the packet instructions.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the Marmite and one tablespoon of the pasta water, mixing thoroughly to dissolve.
- Reserve half a cup of the pasta water; then drain the pasta and pour the Marmite mixture over the drained spaghetti, adding a little of the reserved pasta water to amalgamate if required. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan.
Credit: Recipe from Nigella Kitchen
Leave a Comment
37 Responses to “Marmite Spaghetti (Nigella Lawson’s Recipe)”
Pingback: The war of the mites | brainpickles