Stir-fried Macaroni with Basil, Chilli & Garlic
I really love an easy macaroni stir-fry and I know I can’t go wrong with basil, chilli and garlic which create a really nice aromatic flavour for this easy one-dish meal. You can use your imagination when it comes to the ingredients used – I used asparagus, frozen vegetables, mushrooms and crab sticks on that particular day. This is an excellent recipe for clearing out the fridge before you do your next round of marketing.
- 50g macaroni
- 1/2 tbsp dried chopped basil (double the amount if using fresh)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 chilli padi, cut (adjust or omit according to liking)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil, to taste
- 3 asparagus stalks, prepped
- 2 button mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 2 crab sticks, cut to 2 cm length
- salt, to taste
1. Cook macaroni according to package instructions in slightly salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook frozen peas according to package instructions (I use a microwave for convenience), drain and set aside.
3. In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic, basil and chilli until fragrant.
4. Add mushrooms and asparagus and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Toss in the frozen peas and crab sticks, stir fry for half a minute.
5. Add cooked macaroni and until everything is well mixed. Season with salt to taste.