Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Long Bean Omelette

Long Bean Omelette Recipe

I was reminded of this childhood favourite dish of mine when I saw tigerfish’s recipe for green bean omelette egg fritters. Seeing her delicious egg fritters set off an instant craving as I remember my mum used to whip these up and we usually have it with plain porridge. So I phoned my mum and asked her to teach me her version.

You May Also Like: Fish Cake Omelette Recipe

Our home version is very simple with just a few ingredients – eggs, long beans, garlic, soy sauce, salt and white pepper. But it’s really good like home-cooked food is – it’s delicious, unpretentious and simple.

Long Bean Omelette Recipe

47 Responses to “Long Bean Omelette”

1. Hong — September 6, 2010 @ 11:11 pm

It is my favourite home cooked dish ^^

2. tutora — September 6, 2010 @ 11:40 pm

It sure looks good!! I have to try this!

3. Rasa Malaysia — September 7, 2010 @ 1:51 am

I like this omelet too, very crunchy. Trying using oyster sauce + fish sauce + rice wine + sesame oil + white pepper for flavoring next time. Like restaurant’s. :)

• wiffy replied: — September 10th, 2010 @ 11:25 pm

wow I have to totally try this restaurant version next time. Thanks for sharing Bee :)

4. Ching @ Little Corner of Mine — September 7, 2010 @ 2:43 am

One of my favorite omelet dishes.

5. tigerfish — September 7, 2010 @ 3:39 am

Yippee! Glad you had your own take on this. A simple and delicious everyday-kind of dish. I nvr put garlic though. I can try next time.

• wiffy replied: — September 10th, 2010 @ 11:26 pm

I like your fritters because they look really round and neat. But I’m too lazy to cook them ladle by ladle haha … maybe I’ll try it next time too

6. Tastes of Home — September 7, 2010 @ 11:52 am

looks like this is such a popular dish in Chinese homes! love to see all the different versions :)

7. Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets — September 7, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

Love your way of describing how home-cooked food should be. This looks really tasty and I will definitely pick up some long beans next time I visit the Asian grocery.

8. Nate @ House of Annie — September 7, 2010 @ 3:20 pm

Annie makes this all the time at home. A quick and easy dish for dinner!

• wiffy replied: — September 10th, 2010 @ 11:26 pm

yes definitely something quick and pleasing to whip up!

9. TasteHongKong — September 7, 2010 @ 3:56 pm

I just made this a couple of days ago, and I added fish sauce and serve it with some chili sauce. As you said, simply and delicious : ).

10. MaryMoh — September 7, 2010 @ 4:24 pm

I love this dish…simple and delicious. very good with porridge. This is one dish that my daughter has learned to cook and she cooks very often especially when I’m not free.

• wiffy replied: — September 10th, 2010 @ 11:27 pm

you’re so lucky to have your daughter whip up delicious meals for you so often :)