Long Bean Omelette
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Long Bean Omelette Recipe
You may use either long beans or french beans for this recipe. This omelette goes very well with porridge.
- 3 eggs beaten
- a dash of white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 5 long beans (if using french beans, double the quantity) ends trimmed and sliced very thinly
- a small pinch of salt
- Combine eggs, white pepper and light soy sauce in a small bowl; mix well.
- Heat oil in wok, fry minced garlic until light brown and fragrant, then add sliced beans.
- When the beans are almost cooked, use your spatula to arrange them into one flat layer in wok.
- Pour egg mixture over the beans. Gently tilt the wok to ensure all the beans are well coated in the egg. Cook a few minutes on one side until dry and nicely browned, then flip to the other side and do the same.
- Use spatula to break to smaller pieces. Serve with rice, porridge or eat as a snack on its own.