Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Lemon Shandy

Lemon Shandy
Refreshing lemon shandy. A simple concoction of lemonade and beer.

This is a super short and simple recipe. Nice and easy, and yet so refreshing for the perpetual hot & humid “summer” we have in Singapore.

Lemon shandy is made up of, as you may have guessed from the name, lemonade and beer (typically white beer/pale ale). The good thing about mixing this at home is that you can adjust the amount of beer and lemonade to suit your taste buds. Lemon shandy sold in a can or bottle is typically quite diluted in terms of the amount of beer, while the home concoction is usually half-and-half.

Hoegaarden happens to be my favourite brand of beer but it’s pretty expensive (at least to me) here. Beers and all things alcoholic are just so heavily taxed and so expensive in Singapore. Mixing it with lemonade is not only a refreshing way of having my beer, it helps me to “ration” it since I’m mixing it with something else … heheh … and yeah, I love carbonated drinks so I think this is the closest I can get to carbonated home made lemonade? :P

Ingredients
(makes one glass)

- chilled home made lemonade
- chilled white beer/pale ale

Directions

Mix equal parts lemonade and beer in a serving glass, or adjust the porportions to your liking. Garnish with a slice of lemon. Enjoy!

Lemon Shandy

40 Responses to “Lemon Shandy”

1 2 3
  1. Selba — August 17, 2009 @ 8:04 pm

Beer? Like it but I can’t drink it in a hot weather country… too bad :(

2. lisaiscooking — August 17, 2009 @ 9:20 pm

I’ve never tried a lemon shandy, but I like lemonade and beer. What am I waiting for?

3. Little Inbox — August 17, 2009 @ 9:21 pm

Cool…nice to have a glass anytime. But too bad, I’m allergy to alchohol. :(

4. zoe — August 17, 2009 @ 10:51 pm

I’ve never heard of this combo but I like it! I love hoegaarden too!

5. Ching — August 17, 2009 @ 11:02 pm

I like your Lemon Shandy! Definitely a must try when I have some lemonade as we always have beers at home. Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — August 18th, 2009 @ 9:39 am

How lucky :P I always have lemons at home, but beer? Not really :P hehe

6. Susan — August 17, 2009 @ 11:06 pm

Great shots, Wiffy! Beer with fruit is a treat. Have you ever had Belgian Lambic beer? Some of them are infused with raspberry, peach or cherry. Quite tasty, like this. :D

• wiffy replied: — August 18th, 2009 @ 9:41 am

I have to look for this beer you are talking about. It sounds delicious. Yums :-)

7. Bob — August 17, 2009 @ 11:14 pm

Love it! Our Summers here in Boston certainly aren’t as hot as yours in Singapore, but I still enjoy a Shandy. Have you ever mixed it with ginger ale? Same concept and it makes it fizzier.

• wiffy replied: — August 18th, 2009 @ 9:39 am

Thanks for sharing. Gotta try it with ginger ale next time, sounds good!

8. pigpigscorner — August 17, 2009 @ 11:41 pm

Lemonade and beer sounds like a great combo! Great for summer.

9. Big boys Oven — August 17, 2009 @ 11:46 pm

Just awesome refreshing!

10. Janet @Gourmet Traveller88 — August 18, 2009 @ 12:18 am

wonderful! We called it Panaché here in Switzerland. Just had one this afternoon but of course yours with homemade lemonade is even nicer : )

We have 32 degree C here in Basel by the way, that’s why need a cook drink to cool down a little.

• wiffy replied: — August 18th, 2009 @ 9:40 am

Thanks! Now a learnt a new name for this drink. The hot weather is a great excuse to drink :up:

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Home Made Lemonade | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: Blogs With Bite « NotionsCapital

3. Pingback: How to Prepare a Sumptuous Hot Pot (Steamboat) Feast 火锅 | NoobCook.com