Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe Red Glutinous Wine Lees

Lemon Chicken

Lemon Chicken

I love lemon chicken (柠檬鸡) and I am glad I learnt to make this classic Chinese dish. It is definitely much easier than it looks, for the sauce can be prepared in the matter of minutes. The bright yellow hue totally liven things up on the dinner table. I like the home-cooked version because the chicken is more tender and chunky, and I can tweak the sauce to my liking. You can serve it with plain white rice or rice cooked with chicken-stock. Deep fry the chicken just before serving so that it is hot and crispy.

Lemon Chicken

23 Responses to “Lemon Chicken”

1. HoppingHammy — October 15, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

This dish is totally making me drool! I wanna try! And it looks fantastic too….so bright and cheery. :)

2. tigerfish — October 17, 2011 @ 11:21 am

Love lemon chicken including the skin. ;p But I can only try this when I feel like frying….hahahah!

3. marlin — October 17, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

Susan Jung, food editor Post Magazine, wrote about your blog, congratulations.

• wiffy replied: — October 17th, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

Found the article! Thanks for letting me know :)

4. Little Corner of Mine — October 18, 2011 @ 1:03 am

Your lemon chicken looks divine. Crispy fried chicken with a sauce on top can’t go wrong.

5. Norma — October 20, 2011 @ 9:51 pm

This is right up my alley…love this dish…thanks for posting

6. Yummy Bakes — October 21, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

I wanna try this soon. Looks very delicious.

7. Chris — October 27, 2011 @ 12:33 pm

Hi Wiffy

Am stopping by to let you know I have tried the lemon chicken – its very nice and thanks for sharing.

8. themenon — December 30, 2013 @ 3:15 am

This was great, I love lemon chicken and I never thought I’d be able to cook it at home! Only one quibble – maybe my plum sauce was too strong, but the first time I tried this, I followed the recipe and there was hardly any lemon flavour, just a lot of plum. The second time I used half a lemon worth of juice and it came out perfect. Thanks for the recipe!

9. Kat Tan — April 3, 2014 @ 9:11 pm

Hi, I tried this today. Doesn’t turn out well due to the sauce.
    My sauce was so sticky like a harden glue.
    Btw, just want to confirm with you the cornstarch solution is 1 teaspoon of cornstarch or 1 tablespoon?

• wiffy replied: — April 6th, 2014 @ 8:53 am

tbsp=tablespoon. “Gradually add cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce to desired consistency.” adjust and add the cornstarch solution used to reach your desired consistency.

10. Vicki L — August 15, 2014 @ 10:35 pm

Hi Wiffy, can’t begin to describe how much i enjoyed your site! Thanks for sharing the numerous wonderful cook ideas! I especially love the variety of cuisines :)