Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe Red Glutinous Wine Lees

Last-minute Christmas Cooking Ideas

Home-cooked Christmas Feast
My humble home-cooked Christmas lunch for two last year.

With Christmas just around the corner, I thought I will do a round-up of my 10 favourite Christmas recipes posted on my blog so far, for some last minute festive cooking inspirations. For the full list of Christmas recipes, check it out here.

15-Minute Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry Sauce. Roasted chicken or turkey will not be complete without this festive sauce.

Roasted Chicken with Glutinous Rice Stuffing
Roasted Chicken with Glutinuous Rice Stuffing. An east-meets-west roasted chicken with glutinous rice (lor mai kai) stuffing. One of my fave ways to enjoy roast chicken.

15-Minute Cranberry Sauce with Minimalist Roast Chicken
Minimalist Roast Chicken with Vegetables. Easy Western style roast chicken with vegetables.

Christmas Muffins
Christmas Muffins – Cranberries, Pecans & Orange. Love the aroma that fills the kitchen and whole house as they are baking!

Christmas Biscuits
Christmas Biscuits. These star-shaped biscuits are yummy and pretty to look at.

Beef stew
Hearty Beef Stew. This gourmet and rustic beef stew keeps one warm and best of all, keeps well for the next day.

Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Sauce. Don’t forget the greens on the dinner table.

Home Made Muesli

Home-made Museli. Christmas foodie gift idea.

Raspberry Lemonade
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade. Adds bubbly cheer this festive season.

Chicken Macaroni Soup
Chicken Broth. Waste not amidst the festive feasting. Save the chicken/turkey bones to make a rich and hearty chicken broth.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! ♥

24 Responses to “Last-minute Christmas Cooking Ideas”

1 2 3
  1. HoppingHammy — December 23, 2010 @ 10:52 am

Eee! Everything looks so festive and wonderful, especially those cranberry muffins. <3 Do you plan to cook the same thing for your dinner this year?

We started a sort of um….non-traditional tradition of "Pasta in a Pot", which is just what it sounds – pasta with tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, hamburg, green pepper/onion, and more cheeses sprinkled on top. Then we have garlic bread, salad, and brownies. It's a much easier meal for her to prepare, but very tasty.

• wiffy replied: — December 23rd, 2010 @ 10:56 am

I’m probably doing an Irish beef stew this Christmas … much easier because I’m still not fit for heavy duty cooking and it will feed us for two days, lol

I love your pasta in a pot idea! Take a photo for me if you remember. Will be trying out your foiled chicken recipe soon ;)

2. Juliana — December 23, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Nice round-up…they all look fabulous…have a Merry Christmas Wiffy!

3. Roxan — December 23, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

Great compilation of recipes! these are all great last minute ideas for christmas dinner. I would really love to be sitting at your table!

4. Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover — December 23, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

All foods look so delicious ! Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

5. Little Corner of Mine — December 24, 2010 @ 2:32 am

Great round-up! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and family!

6. Pipana — December 24, 2010 @ 8:13 am

Hello there ^^
    I would so visit you if you threw a Xmas party with these yummy dishes!

Happy Xmas to you and your loved ones!

7. Clare @ Mrs Multitasker — December 24, 2010 @ 12:29 pm

Marvellous post idea! I’m sure the recipes are all terrific. Very blessed Christmas wiffy!

8. maameemoomoo — December 24, 2010 @ 2:22 pm

Everything looks so good!!

Wanna come over to cook and bake for me?? HAhahahahaa!

Have a blessed Christmas babe! xoxo

9. daphne — December 24, 2010 @ 10:33 pm

oooooo..what a great round up! hope u r having a great time feasting =) merry Christmas!

10. Ellie (Almost Bourdain) — December 25, 2010 @ 6:16 am

Great round up of Chrsitmas dishes! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family!

1 2 3