Korean Spicy Cucumber Salad
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad Recipe
For best results, make and consume this side dish on the same day. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for about 1-2 days.
- 1 local cucumber or 3 Japanese cucumbers about 350 g
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp gochugaru (Korean chilli powder) for the heat; to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 3 garlic cloves minced)
- 1 tsp onion powder (or 1/4 onion finely chopped)
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp fine salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise. Cut to thin half moon slices for local cucumber, or diagonal thin slices for Japanese cucumber.
- Add cut cucumber into a large mixing bowl. Scatter the rest of the ingredients evenly over the cucumbers. Stir with spatula to coat everything evenly. Season to taste and serve immediately.