Korean Soya Bean Sprout Salad (Kongnamul Muchim)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Korean Mung Bean Sprout Salad Recipe
This is a light-tasting yet flavourful salad with minimal seasonings – feel free to add your own seasonings such as gochujang, soy sauce or fish sauce.
- 100 grams soya bean sprouts tail removed (optional); rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 clove garlic grated or minced (may use garlic powder)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- a small pinch of salt to taste
- Blanch bean sprouts in a pot of boiling water (with 1 tsp of salt added) for 1 minute.
- Rinse the sprouts in running water until cooled. Squeeze excess liquids from cooked sprouts.
- In a bowl, add cooked sprouts and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Season to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Adapted from My Korean Kitchen: Sukju Namul Muchim Recipe