Tuna Pasta Recipe Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe

Kong Bak Pau (Chinese Braised Pork Burgers)

Kong Bak Pau (Chinese Braised Pork Burgers) Recipe

Check Out: Braised Pork Belly Recipe

Kong Bak Pau” (braised/stewed pork served in steamed buns/扣肉包) is one of our local delights and easy to make at home. The meat used in these Chinese-styled “burgers” are essentially braised pork belly in soy sauce (“tau yu bak”). Basically, the cooked pork belly is wedged in steamed buns with some lettuce and cucumbers. You can eat it as a side dish or as a complete meal on its own.

Kong Bak Pau (Chinese Braised Pork Burgers) Recipe

In this recipe, the homely one-pot braised pork belly was served in two different ways (for lunch and dinner) – During lunch, we will eat it with rice (along with the mushrooms and tau kwa) and come dinner, we will transform it to a Chinese-style burger. I simply adore this “one dish, two meals” concept for a laid-back and relaxing day.

21 Responses to “Kong Bak Pau (Chinese Braised Pork Burgers)”

1 2 3
  1. Christine@Christine's Recipes — November 22, 2010 @ 7:43 pm

This pork bun is really everlasting snack, suitable throughout the year. Love to drizzle lots of sauce over the pork. Yummy.

2. Lia Chen — November 22, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

Me and my husband love to buy this whenever we visit Singapore. We found this pork burger in Taiwan too :)

3. Little Inbox — November 22, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

Sometimes, I’ll feel so lazy to cook and so lazy to dine out too…
    Well, we do the same thing here. I cook a pot of braised pork belly with mushroom, hard boiled egg,…and a pot of rice to last for 2 meals. :)

4. wyyv — November 22, 2010 @ 9:16 pm

I like the Chinese braised pork with yam and I like this one too, with pao :D

5. anncoo — November 22, 2010 @ 9:21 pm

I also like to cook one big pot of braised pork with tua kwa and hard boiled eggs when I am lazy. so..yummy :)

6. Gertrude — November 22, 2010 @ 9:42 pm

I too love to cook a big pot of this stew pork and will freeze it up and I can’t have it whenever I want it. But I never eat this with the steam buns. I have to get a packet it the next time I go grocery shopping.

7. Judy — November 22, 2010 @ 10:06 pm

Looks good with all the veg! My hub will love the ‘bak’ but not the bun. He would eat it with rice. Timely reminder to cook this for him.

8. Jun — November 22, 2010 @ 10:26 pm

I have never heard of kong-bak-pao. They sound delicious!

9. mycookinghut — November 23, 2010 @ 2:53 am

Never had this before but it looks really good! Wish I could have it now! I am hungry!

10. tigerfish — November 23, 2010 @ 5:10 am

I have not eaten kong bah pau for a long long long long time! :( hahaha….it is really a dilemma – want to laze around at home yet yearning some home-cooked food. My go-to will also be everything in a pot, easy to cook meal, probably some soup noodles.

1. Pingback: Tau Yu Bak Recipe (Braised Pork Belly in Soy Sauce)