Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review)

Klang Bak Kut Teh

Klang Bak Kut Teh

Check Out: Claypot Recipes

I recently went on a short weekend getaway to Malacca, and brought home some Klang Bak Kut Teh (bkt) spice mix. I know I’m not in Klang, but I reckon I have a high chance of buying it in Malaysia. I absolutely love Malaysian-style (not just Klang-style) bak kut teh because of the herbal taste and the generous ingredients in it compared to our local style: usually there will be tau kee (beancurd sticks), liver, intestines, mushrooms and more. Cooking bak kut teh is easy with ready spice mix. I added enoki mushrooms, canned straw mushrooms, tau kee and tau pok in my home-version.

Klang Bak Kut Teh (Sides & Condiments)To me, to enjoy a truly satisfying klang bak kut teh, the side condiments are important. I had mine with minced garlic, dark soy sauce, sliced chilli padi and you tiao (fried fritters).

26 Responses to “Klang Bak Kut Teh”

1. Michelle Tan — September 29, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

I am from malacca. can you please tell me where can I buy the bah kut teh spice mix ?
    Thank you.

2. Michelle Tan — September 29, 2012 @ 11:43 pm

After submitting the question, then only i found out that I can get the spice mix from the corner shop. Thank you. You need not have to answer my question.

3. Norma-Platanos, Mangoes and Me! — October 9, 2012 @ 9:38 pm

I am not sure what are some of these ingredients, but I have to tell you that this soup looks amazing and delicious.

4. Felicia — February 25, 2013 @ 10:43 am

Hi Wiffy

Mo Sang Kor Klang Bak Kut Teh is sold at JB City Square, 3rd floor, the shop near Famous Amos! I think the shop name is called “Local Products”.

I was at JB City Square last weekend and I finally found the Mo Sang Kor Klang Bak Kut Teh. I am excited to try out this recipe soon!

Felicia

• wiffy replied: — February 25th, 2013 @ 10:50 am

Hi Felicia, thanks for sharing! :D

5. cloey — May 20, 2013 @ 5:15 pm

I also feel like trying to cook the BKT, may I know where can I find the bah kut teh spice mix (Mo Sang Kor ) in Kuala Lumpur?

Thanks and looking forward to you answer :+) cant wait to try

Cheers
    Cloey

• wiffy replied: — May 23rd, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

I don’t know about that, but you can try supermarkets and provision shops. Shouldn’t be too hard to find since it’s a Malaysia product :)

6. Sneakylily — November 10, 2013 @ 10:26 am

Thanks so much for posting this, its the best BKT recipe iv tried, tastes just like ones i used to eat in KL. I found the mo sang kor herbs easily in Melbourne, so greatful that i can now get my BKT hit in Australia.