Tuna Pasta Recipe Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe

Klang Bak Kut Teh

Klang Bak Kut Teh

Check Out: Claypot Recipes

I recently went on a short weekend getaway to Malacca, and brought home some Klang Bak Kut Teh (bkt) spice mix. I know I’m not in Klang, but I reckon I have a high chance of buying it in Malaysia. I absolutely love Malaysian-style (not just Klang-style) bak kut teh because of the herbal taste and the generous ingredients in it compared to our local style: usually there will be tau kee (beancurd sticks), liver, intestines, mushrooms and more. Cooking bak kut teh is easy with ready spice mix. I added enoki mushrooms, canned straw mushrooms, tau kee and tau pok in my home-version.

Klang Bak Kut Teh (Sides & Condiments)To me, to enjoy a truly satisfying klang bak kut teh, the side condiments are important. I had mine with minced garlic, dark soy sauce, sliced chilli padi and you tiao (fried fritters).

26 Responses to “Klang Bak Kut Teh”

1. Michelle Tan — September 29, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

I am from malacca. can you please tell me where can I buy the bah kut teh spice mix ?
    Thank you.

2. Michelle Tan — September 29, 2012 @ 11:43 pm

After submitting the question, then only i found out that I can get the spice mix from the corner shop. Thank you. You need not have to answer my question.

3. Norma-Platanos, Mangoes and Me! — October 9, 2012 @ 9:38 pm

I am not sure what are some of these ingredients, but I have to tell you that this soup looks amazing and delicious.

4. Felicia — February 25, 2013 @ 10:43 am

Hi Wiffy

Mo Sang Kor Klang Bak Kut Teh is sold at JB City Square, 3rd floor, the shop near Famous Amos! I think the shop name is called “Local Products”.

I was at JB City Square last weekend and I finally found the Mo Sang Kor Klang Bak Kut Teh. I am excited to try out this recipe soon!

Felicia

• wiffy replied: — February 25th, 2013 @ 10:50 am

Hi Felicia, thanks for sharing! :D

5. cloey — May 20, 2013 @ 5:15 pm

I also feel like trying to cook the BKT, may I know where can I find the bah kut teh spice mix (Mo Sang Kor ) in Kuala Lumpur?

Thanks and looking forward to you answer :+) cant wait to try

Cheers
    Cloey

• wiffy replied: — May 23rd, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

I don’t know about that, but you can try supermarkets and provision shops. Shouldn’t be too hard to find since it’s a Malaysia product :)

6. Sneakylily — November 10, 2013 @ 10:26 am

Thanks so much for posting this, its the best BKT recipe iv tried, tastes just like ones i used to eat in KL. I found the mo sang kor herbs easily in Melbourne, so greatful that i can now get my BKT hit in Australia.