Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Honey Baked Chicken Wings

honey baked wings

These Chinese-style chicken wings tasted deliciously like bbq chicken wings and were cooked the fuss-free way, entirely in the oven. The marinade ingredients – honey, oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce – are pantry staples in a Chinese kitchen. The secret to great tasting oven grilled chicken wings, to me, is to rest the chicken pieces on a wire rack so that the excess oil can drip onto a foil-lined tray beneath (see photo of oven set up on page 2). Otherwise, the part of the chicken touching the roasting tray will be soggy and oily.

You May Also Like: Honey Mustard Chicken Wings

Although they are baked/roasted in the oven, these wings have a beautiful sticky glaze due to cameralisation of the honey.Β  We always fight over the last few pieces at the dinner table.

honey baked wings

59 Responses to “Honey Baked Chicken Wings”

1. PC — February 24, 2014 @ 2:40 pm

Hi, can i check whether this marinade can be used for bbq? Thanks in advance..

• wiffy replied: — February 24th, 2014 @ 11:38 pm

yes, you can. marinate overnight will be even better.

2. faizah — March 17, 2014 @ 1:06 pm

hi may i know how to make the cili dip..

• wiffy replied: — March 17th, 2014 @ 9:59 pm

I bought the chilli from Pu Tien restaurant. I don’t have the recipe currently, will experiment in future and feature if successful.

• zosie replied: — June 17th, 2014 @ 10:23 pm

Hi,how much is the chilli sauce from Pu Tien? Tks

• wiffy replied: — June 17th, 2014 @ 10:28 pm

Hi, I can’t really remember, about 6 plus, I think.

3. Cook Jr. — March 21, 2014 @ 3:25 pm

Is it possible to roast a whole chicken instead? Will the amount of ingredients used be compromised? Also, how about the temperature? Thanks so much for the advice!

4. nicole — March 24, 2014 @ 12:27 pm

hi wiffy, i like honey chicken wings but the oven will always became so dirty after i baked it. The honey sauce became black and sticked on my ovens everywhere. Can i use the foil wrap to cover my chicken wings??

• wiffy replied: — March 25th, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

I don’t think it’s advisable to cover the chicken wings during baking. You can google for some oven cleaning tips (e.g. using baking soda). Or, contain the mess by cooking within a toaster oven or air fryer is another way.

5. tianai — November 26, 2014 @ 1:59 pm

This recipe is good! Hehe tried it n taste awesome! Thanks for sharing!

6. Angelyn Lee — December 13, 2014 @ 1:42 pm

I’ve always like that your recipe is easy and turns out great! My chix turns out to taste abit on the bland side even though I’ve marinated overnight…. not sure if its because of the proportion of the seasoning. But I did followed closely to the amount stated in the instructions. I’m going to make this for a Xmas Potluck, appreciate if you could advise me how should I double or triple the amount of seasonings. Thanks alot!

• wiffy replied: — December 15th, 2014 @ 12:36 pm

Hi! You can increase the amount of oyster sauce, to taste. You can also use other seasonings such as fish sauce or Maggi seasoning. Remember to use measurement spoons (not the silver cutlery) for accuracy. Hope it will turn out better on your second attempt.