Cherry Tomato and Scallop Pasta Recipe Arrowhead Chips Recipe Arrowhead (Chiku, Ngaku) Crispy Crab Sticks (Air Fryer Recipe) Perfect Baked Lobster Tail Recipe How to butterfly lobster tail

Hawaiian Baked Rice

Hawaiian Baked Rice Recipe
First posted in Oct 2009, updated in Jan 2015

If you love Hawaiian pizza with the winning combination of pineapples and ham, I am sure you will love this sunny Hawaiian baked rice as well. The sweetness of the pineapples balance the savoury creamy mushroom soup (straight from the can) sauce, ham and cheese.

See Also: Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe

If you have a small party to feed, this will be a great recipe to try out as it’s filling and noob proof. Bake this in any oven-safe cookware, or disposable aluminium party tray if you don’t feel like washing up later.

Hawaiian Baked Rice Recipe
Pineapple and ham baked rice, straight off the oven

58 Responses to “Hawaiian Baked Rice”

1 2 3 4
  1. ravenouscouple — October 13, 2009 @ 1:04 am

that’s one of the best ways to cook–with left over ingredients as it forces you to be creative! Great recipe and love the umbrella garnish.

2. lisaiscooking — October 13, 2009 @ 4:00 am

Yes, here too. anything with pineapple and ham would be called ‘hawaiian.’ Your rice looks delicious! It looks like a perfect comfort food kind of meal.

3. tigerfish — October 13, 2009 @ 7:22 am

I’m also a sucker for ham+pineapples…
    and this rice goes well with steamed mussels….and can make Noobcook paella!

• wiffy replied: — October 14th, 2009 @ 8:37 am

paella? I haven’t tried that b4 and it sounds interesting :D~

4. Selba — October 13, 2009 @ 10:16 am

Looks so scrumptious! It reminds me to hawaian pizza… yummmmm….

5. Little Inbox — October 13, 2009 @ 10:36 am

I can smell the aroma of cheese…hmm…

6. peachkins — October 13, 2009 @ 1:51 pm

One day, I’m goin’ to try these baked rice dish of yours. They all looked so good!

• wiffy replied: — October 14th, 2009 @ 8:38 am

Hope you do try it out! Give me your feedback if you do ok :)

7. Mel @ bouchonfor2.com — October 13, 2009 @ 3:18 pm

I found you off Tastespotting. Your blog is SOOO cute and I love your vivid photos. This dish sounds super hearty too :)

• wiffy replied: — October 14th, 2009 @ 8:44 am

Thanks for your kind words. Glad to find your blog too, lots of delicious eats :-)

8. cindy khor — October 13, 2009 @ 10:22 pm

baked rice has always been me and boyfriend’s favourite. am going to plan to cook this tomorrow or the day after. maybe i could try adding pineapple into it for a twist.

• wiffy replied: — October 14th, 2009 @ 8:45 am

Hope you like it! Adding pineapples add sweetness to a dish :)

9. Ching — October 13, 2009 @ 11:07 pm

You are liking the baked rice with cheese eh? ;) I have been seeing the variation of baked rice from you. :D

• wiffy replied: — October 14th, 2009 @ 8:38 am

It’s a simple and satisfying one-dish meal. For the lazy cook in me. I also thought I’ve been cooking way too much baked rice lol ;)

10. Reeni — October 13, 2009 @ 11:49 pm

This looks delicious with the sweet and savory flavors! Baked rice is such a comforting dish – I love it!

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: Kepti ryžiai. « Spicecoat's Blog

2. Pingback: Hawaiian Pita Pizza (Ham & Cheese) | NoobCook.com

3. Pingback: Sausage Baked Rice with Cheese | NoobCook.com

4. Pingback: Broccoli, Potato & Sausage Baked Rice (Step by Step Photos) | NoobCook.com