Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe

Ginger and Scallions Chicken

Ginger & Scallions Chicken

Check Out: Ginger Scallions Pork Recipe

Chicken with Ginger & Scallions (姜葱鸡肉) a homely and humble dish which my mum cooked almost weekly since we were young, and I still love eating it. It is the chicken version of her stir-fry pork with ginger and scallions recipe. If I do not want to think of what to cook, I know I can fall back on timeless everyday classics (家常菜) like this dish – it is easy, cheap and delicious. This type of food is what I truly call the taste of home – almost every Chinese family have their family recipe for this dish. I particularly like to drizzle the savoury gravy over my rice … good to the last drop!

Ginger & Scallions Chicken

36 Responses to “Ginger and Scallions Chicken”

1 2 3
  1. Luli Lusiana via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 8:25 pm

Emmm yumy yumy :D

2. Dave — March 6, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

Looks so delicious! Saving this one!

3. Jessica Eng via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

Omy, is it coincidence or Noobcook can read my mind? I was searching for this recipe in your pages but found none! Disappointed I tried other searches but my heart yearns for yours! And here it is!! :)

4. Jessica Eng via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

I am a religious fan and I tried your Curry chicken last nite, it was a success!

5. daphne — March 6, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

You always remind me that home cooked dishes are simple yet good! I love this dish as well- i think of home each time i cook this!

6. Jonie — March 6, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

I always like your “家常菜” post….simple yet drooling…..

7. NoobCook via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 11:01 pm

Jessica, we have telepathy :) hope you like this recipe too.

8. tigerfish — March 7, 2012 @ 8:07 am

I also cooked stir-fry chicken today and had it with porridge. :)
    I seldom use chicken breast (in fact, never) but after today, I have concluded chicken breast is not my go-to chicken part in cooking…heee heee…wings, drumsticks or thigh are better.

9. Juliana — March 7, 2012 @ 9:23 am

Like this dish and I will definitely try it with the fish sauce…looks delicious and so tasty…nothing like mom’s home cooking :)
    Hope you are having a wonderful week and thanks for sharing this recipe Wiffy!

10. Jasmine Neo via Facebook — March 7, 2012 @ 10:37 am

Haha… So you are cooking this dish tonite…asking me to help u buy scallions? Good try! Enjoy!

1 2 3