Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Ginger and Scallions Chicken

Ginger & Scallions Chicken

Check Out: Ginger Scallions Pork Recipe

Chicken with Ginger & Scallions (姜葱鸡肉) a homely and humble dish which my mum cooked almost weekly since we were young, and I still love eating it. It is the chicken version of her stir-fry pork with ginger and scallions recipe. If I do not want to think of what to cook, I know I can fall back on timeless everyday classics (家常菜) like this dish – it is easy, cheap and delicious. This type of food is what I truly call the taste of home – almost every Chinese family have their family recipe for this dish. I particularly like to drizzle the savoury gravy over my rice … good to the last drop!

Ginger & Scallions Chicken

36 Responses to “Ginger and Scallions Chicken”

1 2 3
  1. Luli Lusiana via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 8:25 pm

Emmm yumy yumy :D

2. Dave — March 6, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

Looks so delicious! Saving this one!

3. Jessica Eng via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

Omy, is it coincidence or Noobcook can read my mind? I was searching for this recipe in your pages but found none! Disappointed I tried other searches but my heart yearns for yours! And here it is!! :)

4. Jessica Eng via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

I am a religious fan and I tried your Curry chicken last nite, it was a success!

5. daphne — March 6, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

You always remind me that home cooked dishes are simple yet good! I love this dish as well- i think of home each time i cook this!

6. Jonie — March 6, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

I always like your “家常菜” post….simple yet drooling…..

7. NoobCook via Facebook — March 6, 2012 @ 11:01 pm

Jessica, we have telepathy :) hope you like this recipe too.

8. tigerfish — March 7, 2012 @ 8:07 am

I also cooked stir-fry chicken today and had it with porridge. :)
    I seldom use chicken breast (in fact, never) but after today, I have concluded chicken breast is not my go-to chicken part in cooking…heee heee…wings, drumsticks or thigh are better.

9. Juliana — March 7, 2012 @ 9:23 am

Like this dish and I will definitely try it with the fish sauce…looks delicious and so tasty…nothing like mom’s home cooking :)
    Hope you are having a wonderful week and thanks for sharing this recipe Wiffy!

10. Jasmine Neo via Facebook — March 7, 2012 @ 10:37 am

Haha… So you are cooking this dish tonite…asking me to help u buy scallions? Good try! Enjoy!

1 2 3