Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe

Garlic Bread

Garlic Bread

This is the garlic bread which I made to go with my potato and leek soup. I mixed some roasted garlic puree with parmesan cheese, butter and parsley to use as a spread for the sliced baguette and then toasted the bread in the oven for about 10 minutes. Very easy and I don’t have to rely on store-bought garlic spread all the time. Because the garlic has been roasted before, this garlic bread is on the sweeter and less pungent side (I like the normal pungent garlic bread as well, this is just a different taste).

Garlic Bread
Garlic spread (before toasting)

Ingredients
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 3 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- 20g unsalted butter, cubed and melted at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped finely
- baguette, sliced

Directions

1. Roast whole garlic bulbs in the oven for about 40 minutes at 200C (392F). In order to maximize the use of energy, since the garlic takes up little space in the oven, I do that together whenever I am baking something else, such as roast chicken. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, cut off the top and squeeze out the puree.
2. Mix roasted garlic puree, parmesan cheese, butter, salt, pepper and parsley well in a small bowl. Spread over sliced baguette. Toast in oven of 200C for about 10 minutes, or until the edges started to brown a little.

Garlic Bread
Garlic puree used for spreading

60 Responses to “Garlic Bread”

1. daphne — May 9, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

yum! My fav sides!! hahaha, we made this around the same time. =) I love how you roasted it as it gives it such a sweeter flavour doesn’t it?

2. Ellie (Almost Bourdain) — May 9, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

Gorgeous garlic bread. Wonderful with soup! Love your blog :)

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:49 pm

Thanks for dropping by! Love your blog too :-)

3. food-4tots — May 9, 2010 @ 11:55 pm

You’re right. Homemade garlic spread is always the best and more flavourful too. Your garlic bread looks so crispy and delicious! I can even eat it on its own. ;)

4. alkanphel — May 10, 2010 @ 1:51 am

I just made garlic bread this evening and now I chance upon your post about it. Yours definitely looks much better than mine! I never thought about using roasted garlic, I only used garlic powder. Will have to try out your method :)

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:50 pm

you are humble … I like the garlic bread with garlic powder too, it’s very garlicky. thanks for your kind comment :)

5. Tuty @Scentofspice — May 10, 2010 @ 4:50 am

Garlic bread is such a classic accompaniment. I really like the roasted garlic flavor & parmesan combo.

6. DolphinDreamer — May 10, 2010 @ 5:33 am

I made some garlic bread today, it was AMAZING! :D I didnt have a little trouble roasting the garlic though and over roasted it, opps. But still yummy! :)

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:51 pm

Happy to hear that DD! Opps did you get burnt garlic? How long did you roast it for? maybe it adds more favour hehe

7. PoptartShop — May 10, 2010 @ 10:04 am

:) Ah, I’m definitely going to try this! :D It looks so yummy, & I loveee garlic bread.

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

PS, it’s great to see ya here! :D Let me know your honest feedback if you try out the recipe ^^

8. Marie — May 10, 2010 @ 10:39 am

Oooh, I love roasted garlic for garlic bread! I was just thinking yesterday that I should roast garlic, but wasn’t sure what I should use it for. Thanks for the reminder!

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 6:01 pm

I use roast garlic for stir fries and fried rice too, it’s very versatile :)

9. Katie — May 10, 2010 @ 5:25 pm

I don’t know what I like better – the garlic bread or the soup – they are both delicious and would go so well together. I must try this combo for dinner one night this week!

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

garlic bread and creamy soup go hand in hand … hope you like the taste when you try the recipes :)

10. Susan — May 11, 2010 @ 4:18 am

Classic – and fetching with Parm on top. : } I live among some hard-line Italians (NY, you know), and as far as I know, cheese isn’t part of the mix. No matter, I’d love to tear into a piece of this.

• wiffy replied: — May 11th, 2010 @ 10:42 am

oh no must make note not to add parmesan if serving this to Italians hehe … Thanks for your comment Susan :)