Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Garlic Bread

Garlic Bread

This is the garlic bread which I made to go with my potato and leek soup. I mixed some roasted garlic puree with parmesan cheese, butter and parsley to use as a spread for the sliced baguette and then toasted the bread in the oven for about 10 minutes. Very easy and I don’t have to rely on store-bought garlic spread all the time. Because the garlic has been roasted before, this garlic bread is on the sweeter and less pungent side (I like the normal pungent garlic bread as well, this is just a different taste).

Garlic Bread
Garlic spread (before toasting)

Ingredients
– 3 whole garlic bulbs
– 3 tsp grated parmesan cheese
– 20g unsalted butter, cubed and melted at room temperature
– salt and pepper
– fresh parsley, chopped finely
– baguette, sliced

Directions

1. Roast whole garlic bulbs in the oven for about 40 minutes at 200C (392F). In order to maximize the use of energy, since the garlic takes up little space in the oven, I do that together whenever I am baking something else, such as roast chicken. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, cut off the top and squeeze out the puree.
2. Mix roasted garlic puree, parmesan cheese, butter, salt, pepper and parsley well in a small bowl. Spread over sliced baguette. Toast in oven of 200C for about 10 minutes, or until the edges started to brown a little.

Garlic Bread
Garlic puree used for spreading

60 Responses to “Garlic Bread”

1 2 3 5
  1. sheri — May 7, 2010 @ 11:20 am

Looks so fresh and crisp, and you’re right, perfect with your soup! Lovely!

2. The Sudden Cook — May 7, 2010 @ 11:23 am

Lovely! I love love garlic bread – the spread is equally as important as the quality of bread I’ve come to find.

3. David — May 7, 2010 @ 11:25 am

I love garlic bread yummz!

4. Memoria — May 7, 2010 @ 11:42 am

Your garlic bread looks amazing. Wow. The best-looking garlic bread I’ve ever seen.

5. Haha we just made this for dinner how funny. I knew we forgot something the cheese!! Actually we have been cutting back and trying to eat health. Believe it or not we just had a salad for dinner yesterday. :)

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:43 pm

no cheese is in line with eating healthier ;) I love the idea of salad for dinner actually, I should do it more often

6. xiaoyen — May 7, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

I love garlic bread. As a matter of fact, if I don’t have time, I just head over to my local grocery store where they make fresh garlic bread. Of course making them fresh at home is better…if time permits that is.

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:43 pm

yes if time permits … that’s a really important criteria hehe

7. tasteofbeirut — May 7, 2010 @ 12:50 pm

I love garlic bread and your method sounds delicious and easy!

8. TasteHongKong — May 7, 2010 @ 1:00 pm

This garlic bread already interested me in your last post though it was at the background. The freshness of the spread wins and the bread looks just right.

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:55 pm

thanks! the garlic bread and the soup complements each other well :)

9. jo — May 7, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

I love garlic bread and the more garlic the better. There is nothing like homemade ones cause the ones outside somehow suck! Not enough butter, not enough garlic, blah blah! Yours beat any I have seen! Can I snuck over for some …. :P

10. wyyv — May 7, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

Garlic bread lovers here.. haha.. It would be perfect if it could be served with a mushroom soup too :)

1 2 3 5